Nasc question (3 Viewers)

joebag

Reaction score
just read an old post about blokes publishing nasc guidelines on here,nasc threatening legal action over it due to copyright

is it me getting it wrong or are the people who are making safety guidelines for our industry not only making us pay to see these but also threatening to fine us for trying to find out about them!

shouldnt the body advising the government on our industry be totally non profit,,,,imagine the highways agency charging you to find out the speed limit!

plenty of blokes from the top to the bottom of the industry would be prepared to put time in to get rid of nasc,,,is that the SCCR's aim?

Don't give them government funding they will be worse than Hitler.
What I find funny is all the companies who say they only use nasc members to put up there scaffold when they don't really like lovells or balfour beatty.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Don't give them government funding they will be worse than Hitler.
What I find funny is all the companies who say they only use nasc members to put up there scaffold when they don't really like lovells or balfour beatty.

just read an old post about blokes publishing nasc guidelines on here,nasc threatening legal action over it due to copyright

is it me getting it wrong or are the people who are making safety guidelines for our industry not only making us pay to see these but also threatening to fine us for trying to find out about them!

shouldnt the body advising the government on our industry be totally non profit,,,,imagine the highways agency charging you to find out the speed limit!

plenty of blokes from the top to the bottom of the industry would be prepared to put time in to get rid of nasc,,,is that the SCCR's aim?

They are a limited company, They are first and foremost interested in profit for themselves....

yes mate,covered the ltd company bit in a previous thread,my question here is basically what are the sccr going to do about them,somebody mentioned 16000 users on this site ,thats a base of people if you galvanise them,ive dusted off my che guevarra tshirt and become militant ;)

yes mate,covered the ltd company bit in a previous thread,my question here is basically what are the sccr going to do about them,somebody mentioned 16000 users on this site ,thats a base of people if you galvanise them,ive dusted off my che guevarra tshirt and become militant ;)

Thing is Joe, being militant will not aid the industry one bit, what I hope the SCCR is all about is for the ordinary scaffolder and smaller companies like ourselves to have a voice within our own industry.
I believe the NASC have done a lot of good for the trade, with one crucial mistake.
They don't seem to support,or indeed want anything to do with us smaller companies,which are at the end of the day, an important part of the scaffolding industry,and there are a lot of us across the country. Just because we don't employ dozens and dozens of men does not mean that we aren't competent and professional.
By standing together we will find a voice, and if we shout it loud enough and long enough with proper substance as the lads that run this site seem to be doing, people will have to listen.

The NASC would be better off embracing smaller companies,rather than alienating them,help the smaller companies to comply and there member base would treble,instead they seem hellbent on taking firms money and riding off into the sunset,that's not the way to unify our industry,and makes no sense to me as a buisness model:sad:

The NASC would be better off embracing smaller companies,rather than alienating them,help the smaller companies to comply and there member base would treble,instead they seem hellbent on taking firms money and riding off into the sunset,that's not the way to unify our industry,and makes no sense to me as a buisness model:sad:

At the risk of sounding like I'm stating the obvious, even the NASC should realise that virtually all companies start off as small(er) companies. It's this blinkered attitude and narrowmindedness like this that seems to turn people against the NASC

No. Our aim is to be the voice of the individual scaffolders. The SCCR would like to work alongside NASC where possible, but so far they haven't wanted to talk to the SCCR much.

But yes NASC is first and foremost, a profit making company. I was not impressed when they threatened legal action against the forum. Unfortunately the forum has received numerous legal threats from various people and companies I'm led to believe!

militancy changes everything mate with respect,bodies such as nasc count on blokes doing little,thats why they operate with impunity,wish i could vocalise or literize lol the way this couldnt happen with union backing,,,but the union has to be what napolean described as an iron fist in a velvet glove,the world is built on aggresion and violence but im certainly not advocating anything other than walkouts and down tools,its just better people than me decide the tipping point,thats how things change,,,no democracy or mass change has ever occured without affirmative action,im not some crank here for trouble but if you want to take a bite you need teeth,,,,does the sccr have some ?

i stand corrected,,,,,ghandi changed india by non violent protest but i cant find any steel toe capped flip flops ;)

Last edited:
,no democracy or mass change has ever occured without affirmative action,im not some crank here for trouble but if you want to take a bite you need teeth,,,,does the sccr have some ?

I'm sharpening mine now mate :noworry:

i also hope my comments are read with the respect thats behind them,i have utmost respect for blokes accomplishments on here,i have just come from a different culture and experiences and wonder how they would apply here?

an example of how the nasc/cisrs/companys work for themselves to make money was highlighted in my SYSTEMS CARD SCANDAL , thread.

they bring out 2 day system courses in kwikstage at inchinnan , then get Interslave to put the word out to agencys that they have work for people with the kwikstage card , then 2 agencys in NOV 2011 one saying they need 100 men and the other saying they need 30 men for JAN 2012 for 3 or 4 months work , on £12.50 per hour , so they created a market for this course , none of this work ever materialised , i got the card for this job , but it didnt exist

i almost admire their genius

hahaha now my signature makes sense

Top Bottom