The NASC 2012 Safety Report is available (1 Viewer)

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER

Reaction score
NASC 2012 Safety Report

The NASC 2012 Safety Report is available here.

http://www.nasc.org.uk/NASC/media/NASC_Library/Safety_Report_2012.pdf

The NASC has published its latest annual safety report. The 2012 report combines elements of the NASC brochure, previously published as a separate document, together with a detailed report and analysis of accident data submitted by the NASC full contracting membership in the year to 31 December 2011.

The report concludes with a list of contracting companies in NASC membership at the 2011 year end..

Well.

Unfortunately most of this report is annoyingly a barrage of "only use NASC members" propaganda. I thought this was a safety report, not advertising! Very, very annoying.

Finally managed to get to the important part which is the accidents and what is the most common.

Again, slips trips and falls. Absolutely no surprise that falls from height accounts for so few accidents! I couldn't agree more with NASCs assessment of this, it's about time this was taken more seriously. Site managers and safety officers should start focussing on making the work area more safe to work rather than harassing the scaffolders who are working at height, it appears a scaffolder is safer on the scaffold than on the ground!

It's also worth noting that according to NASC that causes of injuries to site operatives was most commonly caused by.... other site operatives! So tell those other trades to get the hell out of the way.

"safer up here than on your site mr safety officer,look at the literature"

is my new saying to all ;)

"safer up here than on your site mr safety officer,look at the literature"

is my new saying to all ;)

Knowledge is power my friend, arm yourself well. Have a read through it and you'll see what I'm on about.

I am now looking forward to the The SCCR 2012 Safety Report - see how it varies.

I did try looking on their website, but it's members only...

We only produce 3 reports a year showing facts about scaffolding!!

looking forward to reading this , should be good

dont even know when im being sarcastic nowadays

Last edited:
Top Bottom