Overseas Men

Reaction score
Consultant Scaffolding Manager AG&P Philippines
Not sure if this has been done before but would be interesting to see what guys working or living in far flung places miss about the UK.

I personally miss a decent Indian curry and a big fry up in the caff. You can cook your own but you cant recreate the same taste.

Would also be interesting to see what all the members who are desperate to land an overseas job think they may miss.

Not sure if this has been done before but would be interesting to see what guys working or living in far flung places miss about the UK.

I personally miss a decent Indian curry and a big fry up in the caff. You can cook your own but you cant recreate the same taste.

Would also be interesting to see what all the members who are desperate to land an overseas job think they may miss.

I always missed a proper ruby, going to the football and decent televison!

You never realise how good British TV is until you've spent an extended period overseas.

No its probably one of the worst cuisines in the world. Certainly the worst in SE Asia. Pretty much fried everything, a few soups and the ubiquitous chicken adobo (soy and garlic sauce), everything is pretty bland. Certainly not comparable with Thai or Vietnamese cuisine. I may be off to Korea soon so will make a change as Korean food is nice and spicy.

No its probably one of the worst cuisines in the world. Certainly the worst in SE Asia. Pretty much fried everything, a few soups and the ubiquitous chicken adobo (soy and garlic sauce), everything is pretty bland. Certainly not comparable with Thai or Vietnamese cuisine. I may be off to Korea soon so will make a change as Korean food is nice and spicy.

Since when was Scotland in south east Asia?:laugh::laugh:

Mate, honestly, don't get too excited about the scran in Korea!

Dont mind haggis and neeps and tatties. Make a change from rice and chickens feet, gizzards and hearts.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Mate, honestly, don't get too excited about the scran in Korea!

I like the kimchi and Korean barbecue has some great flavour!!!

Who gets all the hassle when your away Steve ?

ME,phones nowadays work anywhere Bren,so on the rare occassions i go on holiday,a couple of hours a day are spent on the phone,however this does not impress the missus,and two week holidays can only be taken at christmas when all the sites close down,and holiday prices doubled:(

Top Bottom