Overseas Men

Miss proper fry-ups, playing footy on a Saturday afternoon ( instead of a Tuesday night like I do here), driving a manual car instead of a poxy automatic, super Sundays down the boozer, Monday night darts league, hang on a minute, why did I emigrate ? :amazed:

Miss proper fry-ups, playing footy on a Saturday afternoon ( instead of a Tuesday night like I do here), driving a manual car instead of a poxy automatic, super Sundays down the boozer, Monday night darts league, hang on a minute, why did I emigrate ? :amazed:

Get yourself over to the British legion on Kingsway in Vancouver mate. Got a good darts team there, used to go along with my mate Wes every Monday. Call 604 874 6510

when i was in the states i missed hollands meat pies(due to the ban on meat products),proper shovels,proper wheelbarrows,1 day of snow instead of 360 days of sunshine,having a ruck in the car park knowing guns arent in the glovebox,what do i miss about the states,everything,turning right on red especialy

Hey, look into slingbox............best 300 quid i ever spent :) I have complete control of my sky TV including the remote from Doha, its amazing so I don't miss UK TV.

I miss a good chippy calling a good chinese take away...............

Last edited:
when i was in the states i missed hollands meat pies(due to the ban on meat products),proper shovels,proper wheelbarrows,1 day of snow instead of 360 days of sunshine,having a ruck in the car park knowing guns arent in the glovebox,what do i miss about the states,everything,turning right on red especialy

Are you a Burnley boy Joe?

haha no admin,man of many a nest but proud to be born in liverpool,do consider other places as home now though and it wont be long till were back to sunnier climates ;)

did some work on the grid in ur neck of the woods,creyke beck,stayed in a hotel over the road that used to be the armory of hillsborough barracks,there was a butty shop that only sold spit roasted pork crackling and stuffing butties and they dipped the bread in the juices,lovely but not for your gnashers ;)

Last edited:
haha no admin,man of many a nest but proud to be born in liverpool,do consider other places as home now though and it wont be long till were back to sunnier climates ;)

did some work on the grid in ur neck of the woods,creyke beck,stayed in a hotel over the road that used to be the armory of hillsborough barracks,there was a butty shop that only sold spit roasted pork crackling and stuffing butties and they dipped the bread in the juices,lovely but not for your gnashers ;)

Thats sounds about right Joe, plenty of fat piggies getting roasted over Hillsborough way. I feel sorry for you that you had to experience the slums of Sheffield!:D

Miss having a beer with my Dad in the \British Legion on a Sunday lunch and catching up with my mates at the local.
Also the british tabloid newspapers! The Aussie papers are boring!!

After living in Thailand for four years missed equality, law & order, high way code, not having to pay the cops for help, nhs, common sense, rain & cold weather,stopping at zebra crossings/red lights, not being ripped off oh yeh and true democracy etc. Yes I do want to move back lol glutton for punishment

Last edited:
Top Bottom