NASC telling more Porkies. (1 Viewer)

nasc is a profit making private organisation,hse is a government funded public organisation,nasc closely advises the hse-how does this happen,,,,,it lobbies them,how do you beat nasc,you make a rival organisation that competes for lobbying with nasc ie.sccr,the only problem being is absolute power corrupts absolutely,,,,,and the sccr is made up of scaffs,,,,,were fuked lol,seriously though if the sccr can bind us all together can u imagine what one day on strike would get us as in a seat at the big table,just a thought:idea:

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

As the SCCR grows Swifty you will find yourself in the same boat wanting to do or say something but can't because you have struck a deal with someone else. I would actually be surprised if it hasn't happened already.[/QUOTE

the best quote ive read on here,i totally respect your opinions and comments on here aom and i feel we share a similar train of thought,however lol,

as a member can you not see how organisations such as nasc are literally making profits and a business out of nothing,but worst of all hiding behind the vail of safety yet all the time looking at fear to promote a higher profit margin,

my god thats why everyones so scared of the nhs going private because if profit margins are involved in healthcare,people die(believe me i lived in the states),the same thing thing applies to safety,but the worse thing is nasc is making changes for the sake of money and to justify its existence,

you must see that mate,every bad corporation needs good people to give it respectability and you mate come across as a stand up bloke,but nasc is a money hungry beast and how they influence safety is at least a contradiction to a moral principal and at worst making safety issues up to earn more money

Joe, you come across as a sound guy as well in the short time you have been on here so my final comment on this thread will be addressed to you.

As the SCCR grows Swifty you will find yourself in the same boat wanting to do or say something but can't because you have struck a deal with someone else. I would actually be surprised if it hasn't happened already.[/QUOTE

the best quote ive read on here,i totally respect your opinions and comments on here aom and i feel we share a similar train of thought,however lol,

as a member can you not see how organisations such as nasc are literally making profits and a business out of nothing,but worst of all hiding behind the vail of safety yet all the time looking at fear to promote a higher profit margin,

Have you seen their annual accounts? A matter of public record I would imagine and if money is the goal, they have failed fairly miserably. All the guidance they produce I as a member have contributed towards, yet others who have had no input follow and use and still fail to give them any credit.

my god thats why everyones so scared of the nhs going private because if profit margins are involved in healthcare,people die(believe me i lived in the states),the same thing thing applies to safety,but the worse thing is nasc is making changes for the sake of money and to justify its existence,

The NHS, please don't even go there. I get your point but your euphemism is very much wasted on me as they are responsible for their fair share of premature deaths. (Believe me, I'm living it.)

you must see that mate,every bad corporation needs good people to give it respectability and you mate come across as a stand up bloke,but nasc is a money hungry beast and how they influence safety is at least a contradiction to a moral principal and at worst making safety issues up to earn more money

Have you ever been at a meeting? Ever met the individuals involved? Obviously I haven't met them all but the one's that I have are also stand up guy's that give up a lot of time to try and find common solutions to common problems and at their own cost on a lot of occasions.

Maybe ive taken a few liberties and not researched aswell as i could but im at the sharp end mate,im not alone in my thoughts and i would give a conservative estimate of the scaffolders ive worked with and the consensus is most of them see nasc as in it for its own ends and means and not for the good of the industry,with great respect mate what it shows in the accounts at the end of the year and what perks the members get as right offs is what i would like to see,however the profit is something i will look into,as far as the nhs thing i apologise if anything cut close to the bone and wish you the best for whatever your going through,unreservedly,,,i will research this so much more over the coming weeks and months as im sure a lot of blokes will,i suppose my main question to you as a nasc member(not as a human being;)) is this,,,,,

why is NASC seen by so many of the scaffolders it is supposed to in a way represent,as a self serving disjointed ill informed problem in the industry,

and whos fault is that?

May we have many discussions in future my friend as im never too big headed to learn from my peers;)

Last edited:
Nasc serves itself. Hardnosed businessmen. Sccr formed to serve the interests and rights of working scaffs and procedures. In history,20,000 Normans controlled 2 million people. How? Divide and rule. 2 million people couldnt get organised,anyone who tried got the chop.
I see a parity here. 1000.s of scaffs shoved from pillar to post,looking for guidance. Now theres a group that will fight your corner. Its called the Sccr
I dont think the nasc want thousands of members. It wouldnt be an elite club anymore.Might even provoke a breakaway elite.
Well thats my 2p worth, Excellent posts from all.

Top Bottom