In Glasgow at the mo

gaaaaly

Reaction score
Whats the crack win all the system scaffolding up here?? Dothey ever use tube and fitting cause upto now ivenecer seen any!!

they use plenty but I'm guessing you are in the town centre as there is a fair bit of cup lock up at the moment.

Aye sure am, been about 3 times in the last year or so and im yet to see a tube and fitting job, so I was just wondering what the crack was

I thought so. Take a look at the one's that are standing, they are a descent size but pretty basic stuff at the moment, just big basic boxes.
The same time last year there was mostly tube just because the older buildings were getting done.

If you head up the town you will see more tube and fit and one terrible looking job that the dopes have built atop of a spire on a big church. Looks terrible though, massive bay size and hinging like a dogs dinner. I suppose no one checks for TG20 compliance when it's so high and the dopes on ropes are building it.

Ah right cheers! I will keep an eye out the morro for the squire job when am getting dragged aroond the shops :cry: It seems wierd to be sober on a visit up here normally would be blotto by now

Aye what's the crack with that? Up on a city break with the Mrs and still sober at this time on a Saturday night, if your accent doesn't make you stand out the fact that your sober in glesga on a Saturday night certainly will.:eek:

Keeping off the drink so keepin away from the local etc back to training for me so im using this long weekend as my kickstart of rehab haha aye seen some right clips the neet hahaha

Aye the Street game was fuckked by gkn in glasgow were thery split the yard into tubing and jelly squads.the result was you had jelly scaffolders and then scaffolders,thye price for jelly squads went down so sgb,deborahs had to follow suite then before you know it youve got all these "scaffolders" with no real cards throwing system up.
as AOM sayed thee is dtill plenty generally on churches,and big ornate structures,or jobs for stonemasons that will be up for a while.
while i dont love the stuff there is a place for it and straight runs is that place.
system is making more inroads down south,new build housing you wont see system at all as brickies love the inside brackets and they can fanny about with it themselves.;)

Aye mate totally agree with using it on the long straight stretches, i just dontlike the stuff ifyouneed to adapt, infill, snag etc we always use tube and fitting on the stuff. Just cannit beattube and fitting stronger, neater, and just a lot more trustworthy in my eyes. But there's always a method to people's madness, and using system rather than tube n fitting boils down to the pennies

Soon yer main card will be system.

Sometime in the future some one will ask yer, if you have you got a old tube and fitting one???????

Thanks for that gaaaaly. Best pop down to London to see a decent tube & fitting scaffold mate ( maybe not one of Admiral scaffolding though. lol ). don't think you'll see a tube & fit up there in Glasgow. I hope Alan O' Neil from Pilbara Access reads this!! LOFL!!

Wont be doon the big smoke anytime soon mate had some good times workin down there but im stayin put locally at the mo just steady away, never say never tho!!!!

Thanks for that gaaaaly. Best pop down to London to see a decent tube & fitting scaffold mate ( maybe not one of Admiral scaffolding though. lol ). don't think you'll see a tube & fit up there in Glasgow. I hope Alan O' Neil from Pilbara Access reads this!! LOFL!!

Pilbara Access dont use much T&F do they HWDW?They are using some on Barrow Island with some specially designed boards for the over water work on the jetty.

thanks for that gaaaaly. Best pop down to london to see a decent tube & fitting scaffold mate ( maybe not one of admiral scaffolding though. Lol ). Don't think you'll see a tube & fit up there in glasgow. I hope alan o' neil from pilbara access reads this!! Lofl!!

when was the last time you were up in glasgow.
Plenty of tube in london and plenty of shiit thrown up 8ft lifts etc

Pilbara Access dont use much T&F do they HWDW?They are using some on Barrow Island with some specially designed boards for the over water work on the jetty.

:bigsmile:Don't know HSWT...Never worked for them up there. Mate of mine is on there and yes they use those Ali wash through decks. Are they using all Q/Stage on the jetty job then?????:wondering:

---------- Post added 4th June 2012 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 3rd June 2012 at 11:58 PM ----------

when was the last time you were up in glasgow.
Plenty of tube in london and plenty of shiit thrown up 8ft lifts etc

Haha..Never went further Nth than the Watford Gap. LOL

Last edited:
top banana summed it up for me,they made a big deal about a wall in the garden and an even bigger song and dance about a fecking cantilever.;)

Aom i never got to see that spire job and out of a lot of jobs I only saw 1 tube n fitting job by the enoch shopping centre, that ssl seem a bit rough mind

:bigsmile:Don't know HSWT...Never worked for them up there. Mate of mine is on there and yes they use those Ali wash through decks. Are they using all Q/Stage on the jetty job then?????:wondering:

---------- Post added 4th June 2012 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 3rd June 2012 at 11:58 PM ----------

Haha..Never went further Nth than the Watford Gap. LOL

Just spoke to my mate on Barrow HWDW. He said T&F on jetty but some yellow jelly on the abuttment. He also said not much scaffolding going on there at moment. Hes just taking the $260,000 money for jam!!

Just spoke to my mate on Barrow HWDW. He said T&F on jetty but some yellow jelly on the abuttment. He also said not much scaffolding going on there at moment. Hes just taking the $260,000 money for jam!!

Not a bad wicket is it mate. Think of the amount of square you would have to put up back home to get anywhere near that money!!
Who's he working for?

Top Bottom