Principles of a Shore

joebag

Reaction score
Is the Basic Principles of a shore to keep the main supporting tubes as straight as possible with bracing,send the load through and where possible anchor them to something solid as surely some of the forces involved would be huge and too much for swl of any fittings,checked or otherwise?

Great pics southernpoofter,got me thinking!

why dont you put a question up here about the game you know so much about,maybe one reason is your a Crank,maybe another reason is that rent boy struggling for breath might get out your £35 grand car,you insecure Rat !

cheers joe i was chatting wiv scaff1989 on a differnt thread about a job he was doin and he wasnt sure if it was a shore so i just put some pics on for him to see some of the surport works we've got on at the mo,i didnt wanna hijack the thread with loads of pics so put them in the albums,glad u liked em

Shoring is just the principle of supporting something. Tubes, fittings etc are used and weight is transferred through these.
Alan Reade is our resident free engineer and I am sure he will explain it in a lot more technical detail.
Hope this is a more useful reply than that given by The Master?

couldnt have put it better myself have spanner,allan is the man for this one as any shore would be a design.
the masters a charmer isnt he

Flying shore is the one i want to do, anyone done one recently?

All hail the Master...............

last one we did was about a month ago,they aint nothing special just a tower on its side, if u look at my last picture in the swimmingpool -technically thats a flying shore cos no tubes are touching the ground all the inward force is directed through the tube from one side to the other

Attachments

• DSCF0008.jpg
    DSCF0008.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Looks good

Would love to do one

Just been shoring joists up on new builds this week

cheers lad great post on this thread and with the explanation from hav spanner and pic from southernpoofter it is a dead shore i think dead not a raking shor or flying ......southernpoofter how ya make that flying shore get it craned in ?? make a scaffold for it to sit on then remove it lol i really wouldent have a clue how to even go about it lol really need to get out fo the country and in to the city lol

Just pre tension the ledgers between the building off towers, build and remove. If it's too long for that as you say just sit it on the towers and remove. You already have the answers Marra, justt need the courage of your convictions.;)

Even though the engineer is meant to set the camber.:suspicious:

Just like the curve in the road marra, or the curve on a raking tube. It determines the tension on the tube and should really be set by the engineer but rarely is.

Even though the engineer is meant to set the camber.:suspicious:

Now maybe yes,,,,,,however, my little, golf playing, jetski riding, Laird of Argylle, when i completed my advanced, we were told the 'camber for a 6m 'Flying shore' then on the final, exam/test they brought out a daft measurement for you to calculate the camber.:p

Did it involve turning the screw jack a certain number of times?

Just like the curve in the road marra, or the curve on a raking tube. It determines the tension on the tube and should really be set by the engineer but rarely is.

with you now as not to push the structur the other way to far just enough to stop it falling over ;)

dead shore= double over double on everything,from foot tie upto whatever your supporting,cross brace all the way up,bracing to be swivel crossed if poss,use u heads onto structure if poss,if not box tie around structure.poss sk's or similar,allow for no movement of structure whatso ever.

Top Bottom