New to this game.com

i'm surprised no-one has given the advise of an apprenship. contact the citb at your local office for the paperwork , he can apply for one which is govenment funded if under 24- they will often put him in touch with a company local to you which enrol on the scheme, and they get paid to employ him for the duration of the apprenship- that said its a damn hard job,he's gonna be too hot in the summer and wet and cold in the winter - and in this climate of doom and gloom i would surgest something else other then our trade, as its hard enough for seasoned qualified scaffolders to get work - that said good luck to him

I never said anything about that because I think he would need a start first. Don't know how it works in bigger area's but I know you are meant to do a trade test and then the citb decide what trade your skill level is best suited but to be honest I get them fetching and carrying for a few months first then register them myself.

Jayne,

Your right, Mum's do rule.:cool:

hes not due home from army til end of june im just applying for green labour card ..he has already got cscs card but we will live in swansea thanks a lot for the offer though x

Any pics?:love:

Not of the soldier.:embarrest:

SP had a call from a birthchem on friday asking him if he'd take a pre registered apprentice on via the scheme thats the only reason it spang to mind as we had a long conversation about it, i know the last one he had worked as a labrador for about six months ,he then had a test and interview to confirm he met the criteria for the appreniship which was then granted over the following 2 years for 2 weeks every quarter,to which they recieved a attendance bonus,even the travel was funded to & fro
and @ the end of the 2 yrs he had his qualification +some others like alitowers ,disc blade changing etc

jayne - if he's in the army his resettlement course will pay for his part1 and up to 5 years later he still has the right to learning credits which will pay for his part2 tell him to look into it with his csm or company oc, the resettlement officer can advise the correct paperwork for him , but he'll still need a local company to take him on after his part1

SP had a call from a birthchem on friday asking him if he'd take a pre registered apprentice on via the scheme thats the only reason it spang to mind as we had a long conversation about it, i know the last one he had worked as a labrador for about six months ,he then had a test and interview to confirm he met the criteria for the appreniship which was then granted over the following 2 years for 2 weeks every quarter,to which they recieved a attendance bonus,even the travel was funded to & fro
and @ the end of the 2 yrs he had his qualification +some others like alitowers ,disc blade changing etc

Never worked for me that way but it is a great system. I think it seems to vary just how good depending on your area but BF seems to do the best out it based in Wales but we get 2K just for signing 1 up. An unscrupulous employer could maybe wring it for all it's worth but surely there would be safeguards for that. We prefer to have them for a bit before giving them an undertaking.

now hes been told he got to be on site for part 1 and 2 by his co but has got another meeting next week in catterick so we'll know more then thanx anyway if he can get it he will ....fingers crossed x

Hi Jayne104. Will he have an LGV licence when he leaves ?? Coz that may help him too,couple of firms l worked had lads out of the army & they got their foot in the door with that.

Good point scaff, and Jayne there are loads of boy's who have their part 1 that have never lifted a tube, cash is king if he has credits he will be able to do it. The hgv thing is a great idea by the way.

no he wont have hgv he was in royal welsh not logistics ,but hes good a meeting next wk at base to go over what courses he can do & what if any army will pay for ???

now hes been told he got to be on site for part 1 and 2 by his co but has got another meeting next week in catterick so we'll know more then thanx anyway if he can get it he will ....fingers crossed x

how long has he served jayne cos that may be a factor, but i know i'm right on this one as one of my crew was previously in the hussars for 6 years and thats exactly how he done it in fact still doin it as he goes back to birmingham in august for his final assessment and he's been fully funded by the army resettlement grant for his pt1 and extended learning credits for his pt2
if he cant wangle this then tell him to get his hgv2 -they'll prob do it in house b4 he leaves

Last edited:
well i dont know how they get part 1 ..im having trouble getting a laborer card ...??? i know what you mean though buy anything today...shocking considering its a pretty dangerous job !

Just download the form, fill it in and send it off with a couple of pictures.

Go to the cisrs web site download application form for scaffold labourer do the HSE touch screen test (google this to find your nearest provider) £17.50p. Send off application form with a cheque for £26.50p.

no he wont have hgv he was in royal welsh not logistics ,but hes good a meeting next wk at base to go over what courses he can do & what if any army will pay for ???
Yea,1 ov the lads we had was in the PBI,& when he came out he had his HGV 2,so he got a start.

well i dont know how they get part 1 ..im having trouble getting a laborer card ...??? i know what you mean though buy anything today...shocking considering its a pretty dangerous job !

even if you could get to see a local company and explian the situation i'm sure they would write a letter of intent of employment on condtion of his part1 ticket give this to the oc and within his final 4wks resettlement leave they will send him off on the course while still on army payed leave so he gets the best of both world - if you cant get a local company to do it for you PM my boss (southernpoofter) being ex military he absolutley luvs em and i'm sure he'd be keen to offer help and advise, but u gotta remember noone likes a mummys boy lolol;)

this is a hard game and not for every1 but being chucked in at the deep end will surely prove if he has what it takes ps pls dont take his pack lunch in if he forgets it the lads in this game will either not let him forget about it for the next 12 months tell him the things they wud like to do to you or eat it and if it was me id do all 3 lol

No lies now, but me ma made my lunch once as it was a night out. When i got to work opened up my sandwiches there was a little note saying

" to my little boy, mommy made your lunch for you today as you were too drunk. Stay safe at work and I love you very much" ha ha ha:embarrest:

Needless to say as I was sat in the canteen with 10 other scaffs was not the best break I had ever had.

Found out that night that it was my split arse of a sister who thought she was a comedian. That was over 10 years ago and it still pop's up now and then as you pass certain individuals. ha ha ha ha ha.

LESSON LEARNT......................Make your feed before you go on the piss:D:D:D:

Top Bottom