New to this game.com

jayne104

Reaction score
Can anyone help got a son that would like to start in this industry he has an CSCS card to allow him on sites etc...but to get any type of CISRS card the application for the basic card is asking for 6 mths exp ....so how can he get on site to gain this ..without a basic card ....i need to know what he needs to do first or what course he needs thanks for any advice or help !

all he needs is his cscs card thats for working from heights from what i know. it would be his trainee card. i think what he needs is someone to give him a start more then anything :)
dont take this as gospel though im not 100%

welcome jayne and im sure any1 can get a trainees card but he would be best just ringing all the local fims in his area and if that fails go to there yards on a monday and im sure some1 will give him a chance as without fail some1 will be in the monday club he wil;l prob be chucked in at the deep end but if he got what it takes he get on with it

Good advice Steady and a favourite tactic of my own.

this is a hard game and not for every1 but being chucked in at the deep end will surely prove if he has what it takes ps pls dont take his pack lunch in if he forgets it the lads in this game will either not let him forget about it for the next 12 months tell him the things they wud like to do to you or eat it and if it was me id do all 3 lol

Welcome Jayne,identify your area,might just be someone close by that could help you/him,and make sure he makes the approach not you lol,he'd never live it down:eek::laugh:

My Mum used to drop me off at work a few years ago... had the piss ripped right out of me, but it all changed when i started to bring in an apple for the gaffer. :cool:

I got the respect that i deserved! :D

Have to be honest and say I have been approached by a few mums looking for a start for their boy, never found it to be a good sign.

Can anyone help got a son that would like to start in this industry he has an CSCS card to allow him on sites etc...but to get any type of CISRS card the application for the basic card is asking for 6 mths exp ....so how can he get on site to gain this ..without a basic card ....i need to know what he needs to do first or what course he needs thanks for any advice or help !
You can go to the cisrs website site and download a "scaffolders labourer" card application form.If your son has this its a lot easier to get a start.I wouldn't bother with the trainee card until he gets a start, I think a trainee card only lasts a year without entering into some kind of apprenticeship or dedicated training scheme. Anyway being a scaffolding labourer is the best way for him to learn and to see if he's up to the job.
Good luck

You don't want to know, it aint like the movies well not in my world I'm afraid.:(

i'm surprised no-one has given the advise of an apprenship. contact the citb at your local office for the paperwork , he can apply for one which is govenment funded if under 24- they will often put him in touch with a company local to you which enrol on the scheme, and they get paid to employ him for the duration of the apprenship- that said its a damn hard job,he's gonna be too hot in the summer and wet and cold in the winter - and in this climate of doom and gloom i would surgest something else other then our trade, as its hard enough for seasoned qualified scaffolders to get work - that said good luck to him

Mums rule !!

Ha ha i think im getting the drift boys ....but your all mammys boys always will be to us .... thanks for all the replies the reason hes not on here is ..hes in the army at the mo and due home 30 june and wants to retrain in this hes 23 from swansea so any starts then would be great but he drives too so dont mind where use to being away from home ....cant wait to do his lunchbox haha x

Top Bottom