cisrs portfolio part 2 (2 Viewers)

manly7385

Reaction score
hi lads need a bit of help here,
i have been working with agencys for years now and i want to sit my one day assessment but my agency cant fill out the portfolio and i dont work with the same company long enough for them to fill it in so i am now at the end of my tether and struggling to find a soloution to filling this in is there any way round it? cheers

Fill it in yourself, then get the gaffer of the day to sign it. They just can't be bothered with the additional paper work but if you do it all you just need a signature and contact details, they won't object to that.

I agree with Ali.

Fill it out yourself, get used to the additional paperwork and get your Foreman to sign it off.
Thats what i did and it was a damn sight faster then hoping that someone else does it for you. Plus, when/if you do your Advanced, you'll already know how to do a Portfolio. ;)

portfolio , do me a favour , up in scotland the instructors do them for you , id always thought scaffolding in england would be more stringent. just as i dont know anyone who got a card from a company , i know no one who actually filled in the portfolio

im sure theres a way to get it done , good luck

We must traveel in very different circles JB. I wish the instructors would fill it in, I got scunnered looking at the damn things and now make the boy's fill in their own as they build the jobs and then bring it to me before they next go to college. They fill in the portfolio, I pay for their training, digs and travel.

yes , AOM , we must , right now im travelling through the cesspit that is scaffolding in glasgow , where no **** uses tubing but theyve all completed portfolio's , and as far as instructors filling out portfolio's , they realise they have to do it , because lots of guys are just slashing about with kwikstage.

I have a very bad habit of assuming everyone works the same way as I do and when answering any questions answer them from that perspective, which is fine but there is obviously a bigger picture that I am missing.

I think some of the training centres do a portfolio building course.

pain in the arse ..but the new ones are easier as you dont need photos,so would be easier to get a copy of someone elses

Last edited:
Lads that's great, I'm just going to push it through myself and hope for the best, and Scotland is bad you only use tubing offshore up here you just hammer away at kwick stage or cup lock up here and very rarely do you get a chance to do the jobs the portfolio asks of you but the gaffers won't look at you sideways up here with that portfolio but I'll charge on thanks guys:)

You shouid be doing your portfolio as you go no use bleating about it its your responsability no one elses this is your card your future and the trainers in scotland do not do your portfolio for you you cannot be invited back to do your 1 day asessment until you send in your portfolio and its checked then they send you a letter to tell you that you can now apply.

Top Bottom