A day in the life of a 'Real Scaffolder'...? - Stories to tell?

J

Jason-Gibbs

Hi guys.

After that post about so-called 'Real Scaffolders', it reminded me about something i heard about another couple of 'Real Scaffolders' years ago...

On a site in East London, in about 2005 i worked with a guy who told me about his Dad - who is also a Scaffolder.

verbatim: "My Dad, was pissed up last night and on the way home from the pub, he walked past a field... a horse was there and it was looking at him funny, so my Dad started a fight with the horse - and then knocked the horse spark out, with 1 punch!"

and;

When i was on a site in about 2003, i was told a story by the Supervisor, something that he apparently did, as a Scaffolder in the mid-70's.

verbatim: "I was flying to Las Vegas, with my Wife for our Wedding Aniversary... half way there, all of a sudden the planes engine exploded and was on fire. As the plane started to crash, i got up, put my Belt on, walked to the back of the plane and got some Beams, Tube and Fittings - kicked the door off its hinges and built a Hanger around the burning wing @25,000+ feet and fixed the engine and saved the day! - before it crashed into the sea."

Both Legends/Leg ends and in their own rights. :eek:

Both these stories are true... or so i was told, supposed to be true, lol.
Essex will confirm these stories, lol.

They are so ridiculous that they, could almost be funny, lol.

What about you guys?
What silly stories have you heard over the years from/of your fellow 'Real Scaffolders'?

Thanks.
Jay.

Jason, both these stories were posted some time ago when discussing the same scaff who parachuted into Baghdad to hand rail off some land mines, can't remember his name now.:laugh:

a scaff from shoreham who was living in his car came back to it from the pub and didn't want to sleep in the car because of plod and keys etc... decided he would sleep in the boot ...
he got in and closed the boot behind him which shut and couldn't get out for 2 days

back in the days of the brown pay packet , the pay roll was sent to Aberdeen by Rail from the head office---2 Scaffs got ripped off from the Supervisor for the price work---the 2 Scaffs Jacked, the following week when the train delivered the brown envelope containing the brown pay packets to the Rail Package pick up point---1 of the Scaffs drove up on a Motor Bike with and still wearing the helmet and a red boiler suit went into the Rail office and asked for a package for the Scaff Co, he signed for the package using the name A. Angus ( Angus being the Manufacturers name on the Boiler siut and a criptic clue ie Aberdeen Angus PMSL ) any way the lesson here was never rip off a Scaff---the funny thing was that the Manager foned us up and asked us if we wanted a start back PMSL...

Wonder who it was?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Is there no time limit with such things or is that just in American TV shows?

back in the days of the brown pay packet , the pay roll was sent to Aberdeen by Rail from the head office---2 Scaffs got ripped off from the Supervisor for the price work---the 2 Scaffs Jacked, the following week when the train delivered the brown envelope containing the brown pay packets to the Rail Package pick up point---1 of the Scaffs drove up on a Motor Bike with and still wearing the helmet and a red boiler suit went into the Rail office and asked for a package for the Scaff Co, he signed for the package using the name A. Angus ( Angus being the Manufacturers name on the Boiler siut and a criptic clue ie Aberdeen Angus PMSL ) any way the lesson here was never rip off a Scaff---the funny thing was that the Manager foned US up and asked us if we wanted a start back PMSL...

WAS THAT A SLIP OF THE TOUNGE GARRY NO RPIZES FOR GUESSING WHO IT WAS THEN ........RONNIE BIGGS LOL Google Image Result for http://www.dangerousminds.net/images/uploads/biggs13997836d.jpg

They couldni prove it then and they couldi prove it now...

UK Law is : I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that it may incriminate me---MPs and Bank Managers use it all the time and the yanks included it in their constitution...

When i was working on Palmers Bristol branch ,i was told one of the leading hands got the sack for starting to tin a tempoary roof from the top down , to get his own back he parked his company van in a NCP carpark and dropped the keys through the letter box at the yard and would not tell them were the van was , it was'nt until the police got involved a couple of weeks later they van was retrieved and Palmers had to pay a couple of hundred pounds to get there van back . True or not i dont know ?

Around 1980 something we were working on a high rise on the Edgware Rd when we came accross a very "Gobbie Know all" new start, little did he know, the gang i was working with at the time were all fecking nutters, by the end of the 2nd day "enough was enough" at home time or pub time in those days he was grabbed and tied to the outside of the scaffold and left there until around 7pm when a person in a car heard him screaming, it was winter and freezing, he never came in the next day. we still laugh at the prank today.

Top Bottom