Universal Friction clamps

Con1946

Reaction score
I'm looking for torqueing procedure for friction clamps. I'll be thankfull for your help .
Thanks.

Hi Con,i think you may need to ask the designer to apply his own calcs to that,or try the manufacter's own recomendation's as per loadings,tough question that lol,there's some learned men on here though,good luck;)

I'm looking for torqueing procedure for friction clamps. I'll be thankfull for your help .
Thanks.

you'll have some fun with that as you tighten one side the other comes loose

Thats why we need to carry 2 Spanners on our belts ;)... or 2 Impact Drills! :eek:

Thats why we need to carry 2 Spanners on our belts ;)... or 2 Impact Drills! :eek:

I used to carry 2 spanners,1x 7/16+1x3/4.Sadly the 3/4 died a death many moons ago.Now i just carry 2x 7/16,just in case i drop 1, coz you know the crack If It Aint Turning You Aint Earning.

I used to carry 2 spanners,1x 7/16+1x3/4.Sadly the 3/4 died a death many moons ago.Now i just carry 2x 7/16,just in case i drop 1, coz you know the crack If It Aint Turning You Aint Earning.

How are the HSE with dropped spanners in the UK? In Oz it was considered a dropped object albeit low potential even if it fell into a barricaded area. HSE were anal about it and would call for tool lanyards etc. We had a couple of hard hats blow off and go into the ocean then the enviromentalists would accuse us of wrecking the enviroment despite the hundreds of huge iron ore ships passing every day.

I believe your supposed to use a tool lanyard.
I dont generally use one, but i have the attachments on my belt to quickly put them on, if needed. :idea:

Im good like that, lol.

No, friction clamps.:laugh:

You know the ones on the chain used for tubular steel work.

Google scaffold supplies ltd. I think theyve got stock.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

google scaffolding supplies ltd. I think theyve got stock.

Top Bottom