Transom Spacing

meercat

Reaction score
Without checking can anyone tell me is there defined limit to transom spacings on non working lifts.
We all know roughly what we can expect a board to carry just wandering on legality???

surely it shud the same after all we all ment to be working to tg20 but if not i would of said its at ur own disgression meercat

You mean as your workin your way up with the meter rule scaff stepp and all? I would have a guess at 4 tr\nnies per 13 ft i know what ya saying about its just for you the setpp and a few bits and bobs and 3 traiines would be fine but ad say still put 4 in . Unless your not working to the 1meter rule and then peggs the question tranniesworking on 1 board lap them lol

If trannys on non working lifts are greater that normal spacing (1.5m when I did my last training, but I heard it was down to 1.2?) it's same as not leaving a single handrail and the job can be pulled as not erected to sg4/tg20

all transome spaces are 900 now are they not 5 trannies to a board

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

6 on lovells sites

Spacing depends on the grading of the board it should be marked on the bands I personaly would use 1 at every mtr space

Yes I agree, our boards are the old 'grade a' (visually inspected) and are stamped 1.2m
I put 5 to a 13ft and 4 to a 10ft. Otherwise the weather gets warm and they all feel like their going to snap!!

You need at least 5 transoms per 13ft board as you'll need a transom no further than 300mm from the standard!!!

If the board says max 1.5m support then it's 1.5m, if it says 1.2m then it.s 1.2m, if it says nothing stop buying cheap boards.

all transome spaces are 900 now are they not 5 trannies to a board

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

6 on lovells sites

we doin work for lovells up here mate n they not said anythin to us about how many trannies to a board.... did get a bollockin off them yesterday tho for not usin a scaff step or advanced guard rail....

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Without checking can anyone tell me is there defined limit to transom spacings on non working lifts.
We all know roughly what we can expect a board to carry just wandering on legality???

if i get what ya mean when we erect a scaffold for only top lift boarded we put a trannie by every standerd so that would mean every 6ft but on a board lift it is 35 inch roughly... or if we use the extendable trannies we do 44inch don't ask y just wot our boss likes lol...

yeh i just go a tranny at every standard and every 1.2 between, but for non working lift i suppose depends on wot site your on, id just go wotever suits but if someone comes and inspects at a later date they could b a prick and pull it up! tbh though not sure wot the actual law of it is

laws should be made by a well experienced member of a trade not by some idiot that goes to college for a year or 2 n thinks they no everything...

the thing is wiv guidance its there to guide you -
we always used to erect 1 tranny next to a standard on a non-working lift with the brds as a running lap till we got up to height then the trannys go to 1.2 as normal - i dont know where the 5 trannys to a brd come from.
but now we are erecting to sg4:10 and tg20:08 and every lift has to be trannied for boarding with a 4 brd run and min of a single handrail to accomadate the safe use of the scaffstep-

we don't use the scaff step or single handrail (unless goin over 4 lifts) then use single hand rail. health n safety is goin beyond the joke really.. it only works for big firms i say as i work wit a company who got 5 lads n if our boss put a price in including all the extras for added time with health n safety i no we wouldn't get the work as the other tom dcik n harry firms who don't care would get the work...

we don't use the scaff step or single handrail (unless goin over 4 lifts) then use single hand rail. health n safety is goin beyond the joke really.. it only works for big firms i say as i work wit a company who got 5 lads n if our boss put a price in including all the extras for added time with health n safety i no we wouldn't get the work as the other tom dcik n harry firms who don't care would get the work...

Then your boss is leaving himself wide open for a visit when a rival firm takes a photo and sends it to the HSE

steve i was doing blocks of flats for them in cov and thjrough godiva and its down to the drawing aint it now i know the design company went over the top but its becuz all of the drawing you give to lovells go to corillion and thats maybe y the drawing said 6 on it

Top Bottom