New Tax Code from 6th April 2012: 810L (1 Viewer)

BetterTAX

Reaction score
Just a quick note as we have had some enquiries about this.

Your tax code may have been changed from 747L to 810L. This is perfectly fine and reflects the new personal allowance effective from 6th April 2012.

If your tax code changes to anything other than 810L and you are at all concerned, give us a quick call.

A quick blog about the tax code change can be found here!

810, mine is going the other way.:(

Mr B,

If you need it changed to 810L, give us a call and we'll get it organised.

Guys, do you remember the warning we out up last year about tax codes changing? Well, of course, the letter from HMRC could indeed be changing to something than 810L, which is basic rate personal allowance.

If your code is changed to anything other than that, as Mr B's, it's because HMRC are basing it on what your tax return indicated you did LAST year and by no means represents what you may or may not claim for during this coming year, which you won't be claiming for until NEXT year :eek:.

SO, we always say to our clients, just change back to basic rate (810L) and everything gets sorted when the tax return is done. Just makes life easier!

If you want to re-read, or see it for the first time, our article about tax codes changes is here.

And as always, if you have concerns, give us a quick call.

i just got my p60, n it says my tax code is now 760l is this right for me then? or will i be payin that little bit too much tax?

Mr b

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHPenW_L0nE]Youtube Poop: Mr B - YouTube[/ame]

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

i just got my p60, n it says my tax code is now 760l is this right for me then? or will i be payin that little bit too much tax?

Hi Steve,

If you are a client of ours, do give us a call so we can clarify the situation for you.

Top Bottom