the dole life

Hang on in there mate - I hope it turns round for you soon.

Good Luck.

Yeah, good luck Marcus. I know how you feel, I remember it well and that feeling was instrumental in me kicking off this wee firm.:idea:

Yeah, good luck Marcus. I know how you feel, I remember it well and that feeling was instrumental in me kicking off this wee firm.:idea:

So what your really trying to say it did you a good favour, fair play to you, you took a gamble and it paid off

Sorry GM, I may have mis-lead you a bit there. What actually happened was when I went off shore the first couple off years was all graft with hardly any time off, which suited me to a tee sat that time as I had spent a lot off time chasing the cash as an industrial gypsy. Eventually I was 2 on 2 off but I couldn't shift that same feeling that Markus has now during my time off as it usually meant no cash so I took the chance then when I had a wee bit behind me to go and buy some gear and start doing homers. Not exactly the same as doing it from the dole as the off shore wage kept the house going and the homers bought more gear till I just couldn't go back to a rig without letting someone down at home.

A true gentleman as well GM. Top guy is AOM. Not sure about the wee drams they drink though. I carnt remember much.lol.

You will hang about with the young team Steve.:laugh:

Anyone know if I could claim dole money and get it sent out here to the Philippines?
Been out of work for nearly 2 months now. I havent paid UK tax or NI contributions for donkeys years but then I am no different from the thousands of immigrants who have turned up in UK and gone straight on the social am I? In fact I wont be using UK hospitals etc so they could weigh me in with a bit extra??

If you can make it to the dole office every 2 weeks to sign on youll get ur dole were u are Inbetween them 2 weeks is irrelevant. But flying back n forth between phills n uk every 2 weeks for £120 doesn't seem worth it. U may get child benefit though if u got kids which is £80 a month regardless of where u live...... I think!!

Anyone know if I could claim dole money and get it sent out here to the Philippines?
Been out of work for nearly 2 months now. I havent paid UK tax or NI contributions for donkeys years but then I am no different from the thousands of immigrants who have turned up in UK and gone straight on the social am I? In fact I wont be using UK hospitals etc so they could weigh me in with a bit extra??

You've no chance mate. Your BRITISH!
That policy only applies to johnny foreigner.

Top Bottom