Advance gold card v Advance inspection ticket

S

steveo south east

Hi gents there is proberly a thread on this already which do you think would be better for inspecting scaffold. I know they introduce all of these other tickets as Advance gold card is hard to acheive eg minimum 3years scaffolding and a very genorous boss. Would i need a scaffold inspectors card to inspect scaffold on top of my Advance ticket.

No, as you are already advanced you don't need further training to carry out inspections on complex designed structures.

Not until 2014 apparently then advanced scaffs will also need advanced inspection card

Where did you get the date woodsie?

I like the advance gold card and I also like the advance inspection ticket , but which is better , there's only one way to find out ...........FIGGGHHHHHTTTTTTT

CISRS and NASC deem CISRS Scaffolders and Advanced Scaffolders competent to inspect scaffold structures based upon the grade of card they hold. i.e. A CISRS Scaffolder can inspect Basic Structures Independents, towers birdcages etc (this list is not exhaustive) and an CISRS Advanced Scaffolder can inspect both Basic and more complex structures Hanging Scaffolds, temporary roofs, complex design work (this list is not exhaustive).
Scaffold Inspection Refresher training will be introduced by CISRS in 2012, both CISRS Scaffolder and Advanced card holders will be required to attend the refresher, prior to renewing their CISRS cards if they wish to remain eligible to inspect scaffolds in the future.

Extract from CISRS CAP609 Booklet

Thanks for that Collo, sometimes I start to doubt myself.

Does that mean we have to do an inspection refresher when our scaffold cards run out even though we haven't done the course?

FFS, I'm really confused now.:embarrest:

And why the feck do these wee smiley things keep moving around?:mad:

What the f-ck will they think of next to extract the last bit of dough out of us.

Well i've just renewed my advance scaffs card,it arrived today,which is valid for five years,all i had to do was the touchscreen test,so i assume that,s me safe from refreshers for five years,also i've still got three years left on my current gold supervisers card,i've never bothered with the advance inspection card as i was already covered with the other two,so does this mean that sometime during the next eight months i will suddenly become ineligable to inspect advance jobs?even though i hold valid cards?:wondering::huh:

the way that's worded it sounds like they are gonna put inspection on your scaffolding card (up to your grade) but only if you do a refresher.

so I can put up and inspect any part 2 structure but if i don't do their refresher when i renew then i'll only be allowed to erect/alter/dismantle, whit a load a bollox,

and am i allowed to inspect a cantilever drop now that its not on the part 2 any more but it was when i did it

some places for jobs ask for the advanced scaffold inspection card, so even if your an advaced scaffolder but havent got the advanced inspection you wouldnt get the job, and the inspection is a seperate card so as far as i know it wont be going on scaffold cards

Top Bottom