Bungee ties (1 Viewer)

aidennixon

Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me how many bungee ties should you use in monoflex? i just finished a job and put one tie in everyother hole is that correct all have i gone overboard? My boss says 1 every meter is fine but i think thats crap anyway let me know thanks

Every 5th/6th hole or so top and bottom, and then half that for the middle ones - so every 10/12 holes or so.

Every 5th hole top, middle and bottom,
Cant go far wrong with that one.

Ok so ive gone overboard on the number of bungees i have used.but if you are using monoflex in a highrisk area would it not be better to use more? (Im using it to contain 2 scaffolds in a electical transformer yard)

Its cool Aiden mate.
You cant really go overboard tbh... more ties = stronger the monoflex will be - better too many then not enough anyway.

Only thing, is if you got a tight arse boss, then he'll whinge about the cost of the ties, lol.

Don't forget the reason why a bungee is designed to snap :eek:

Its all to do with the wind and the site wind factor and never fix mono flex to the inside of the scaffold lift as some staffs do.sgb used to use toggles and bands placed every 1m apart top middle and bottom.thats what we were taught anyway.

Ok so ive gone overboard on the number of bungees i have used.but if you are using monoflex in a highrisk area would it not be better to use more? (Im using it to contain 2 scaffolds in a electical transformer yard)

Yeah if you believe it needed it then nothing wrong with that. Just make sure it's tied well because we know what happens in windy weather with monoflex tied tight on a scaffold.....

Surely in this day and age with a sheeted scaffold it should all be on your design drawing

Top Bottom