Bamboo scaffolds

gigi59

Reaction score
Hi, everyone....
does anyone can give me some advice about bamboo scaffolds ?
is there someone in UK using those?
thanks in advance

I very very VERY much doubt that Bamboo Scaffolding is used in the UK.
Ill almost bet a weeks wages on it... a total of £275. :eek:

Seriously though, ive never seen Bamboo Scaffolding in Britain.
Drop forged steel Fittings, steel Tubes and pine? Boards is what we used over here - before System Scaffolding become more popular, which is also made from steel.

bamboo scaffolding is never used in the UK, apart from not conforming to our regulations, there is no one here trained in how to use it properly

Oh my God !! I wouldn't be responsabile if you gonna lost your weeks wages ...!!! even because is a big amount of money!!!:) !!! Anyway I'll thank you ... I was almost sure but a friend has given me a " guidelines on design and construction of Bamboo Scaffolds" and I thought was from U.K...I never seen before and I should have liked give a look at one ..

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

I very very VERY much doubt that Bamboo Scaffolding is used in the UK.
Ill almost bet a weeks wages on it... a total of £275. :eek:

Seriously though, ive never seen Bamboo Scaffolding in Britain.
Drop forged steel Fittings, steel Tubes and pine? Boards is what we used over here - before System Scaffolding become more popular, which is also made from steel.

Oh my God !! I wouldn't be responsabile if you gonna lost your weeks wages ...!!! even because is a big amount of money!!!:) !!! Anyway I'll thank you ... I was almost sure but a friend has given me a " guidelines on design and construction of Bamboo Scaffolds" and I thought was from U.K...I never seen before and I should have liked give a look at one ..

Ive never used Bamboo, but by all accounts its supposed to be pretty strong and flexible. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8fBrs4-hBc&feature=related]Big Bamboo Jamaican Calypso - YouTube[/ame]

Why are you so interested in bamboo scaffolding
I'm interested because I read something about bamboo scaffolding founding it very interesting...and someone told me they were used in Uk even I didn't hear....so ..here we are...!!! :)

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Where are you from gigi59?
I'm from Italy.....

I heard that when they go to take the bamboo scaffolds down, they let pandas loose on the top lift and well you know the rest... saves a lot on labour costs.

i heard that when they go to take the bamboo scaffolds down, they let pandas loose on the top lift and well you know the rest... Saves a lot on labour costs.

right it all makes sence now longun ....pandas arent diying out to to development and been hunted its the falls from high best send wwf a copy of tg20 AND A SCAFF STEP

I'm interested because I read something about bamboo scaffolding founding it very interesting...and someone told me they were used in Uk even I didn't hear....so ..here we are...!!! :)

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

I'm from Italy.....

Welcome to the forum. Always good to hear from scaffolders around the world.

We don't use bamboo here. I wouldn't even know where to go to get enough bamboo to attempt to scaffold even a small house :amazed: They are dirty liars!

Ben Flynn is... :eek:

I also heard he is so strong, that he went into the forest and pulled up a 500 Bamboo plants using just a peanut crusher and a nail clipper, and did it all in time for breaky!!!! :amazed: :amazed: :amazed:

also herd that the bamboo sometimes grows out of his back hair he snaps it off pulls his back hair out and hemps it all together they call him the 1 man scaffolding machine and you can see y lol

Hahahhahha classs lads , wonder if "the Mighty Flynn " still looks in as a guest :wondering:

You don't have lifts when using bambo,the scaffold just goes up in a big spiral so in theory you could push a barrow from the bottom to the top.bit of boring trivia there for ya

Top Bottom