Do you stay and finish (1 Viewer)

paul

Reaction score
Since i have made the move in to the office it surprises me the amount of scaffolders that will leave to come back to the yard at the end of the day without finishing there job with half an hour work to complete the job , for me i would always strive to finish a job if possible especially if its a good distance of travel

Honestly? I think it depends on who your working for... a good boss who is fair and is willing to have a bit of give and take or a right 'orrible git.

Ive worked for decent blokes who treat you fair be straight with you and those guys ill put the extra effort in for - id stay for those Supervisors.
But if im working for a tw@t who spends his days causing grief for next-to no reason, then no... i wouldn't finish the job - unless ofcouse i was gonna get paid for it.

Everyones different i suppose.

i am with you paul. stay on the extra 30 mins, because the next day its not 30 mins, its drive back do the job then go on to the next job x that by 3 blokes that could easy be 6 hrs (2 hrs each) if not longer

I always worked on price so never left a job not finished , like Clarkey says it aint half hour next day its half a days work , and it causes all sorts of problems with work plans for the rest of the week. I have known lads to not put 40 foot of handrail on the top lift because they think its home time , and then wonder why someone has the raging hump with them

I always worked on price so never left a job not finished , like Clarkey says it aint half hour next day its half a days work , and it causes all sorts of problems with work plans for the rest of the week. I have known lads to not put 40 foot of handrail on the top lift because they think its home time , and then wonder why someone has the raging hump with them

glad it not just me:cheesy:

Alot of lads dot see it that way though, they see well we finish at 5 and i wont get any extra for staying so f. um

Its sad but its true.

Its like the lads that will drive an hour in the late afternoon to take 20 foot of handrail off the job, waste the diesel boys!!!

Like Phil I Always Worked Price Work So To Leave A Job Unfinished Was Unthinkable, Quicker You Finish One You Can Start Another, No Brainer Really Is It?

A no brainer for me as well. If I'm honest, I have really over done it many times working really late not just to get a job done but to make sure I am on a job I said I would the following day. If the squad told me to feck off they are going home I really don't think we would still be in business.

The Dark Side

Hi Paul
Well you finally have gone over to 'The Dark Side'. (hee hee)

You shouldn't be to surprised about them leaving a bit for tomorrow. Just because your attitude was, and is, always spot on (well you had a great role model) don't mean that the rest will have.

Back on shore next Wednesday. How about Skype at the weekend?

If it can be done in the day it should be done in the day regardless if you're on price or not. Leaving a job with an hour or so's work is just daft & only makes the gaffers think you're a useless fecker.

Let the gaffers think what they like........if your good to me, you will reap the rewards.....However, P1ss off this sleeping giant.........bye bye any parties for early completions.

vain of my life this one,- when i used to work for others i'd think nothing of staying a little later my rule of thumb used to be, if its undrer 30mins to finish then i'd stay on and pick the time up by leaving early the next day...fast forward 15 years and i'd like to think that i'm a fair bloke, and always let my guys finish around 3ish, but it really gets my goat up when they then ask me for overtime or sulk if they would have to stay till 4 to finish (it really dont happen much from my side of the fence, but then i lose fuel and up to 6 man hours to complete a job that they should av done in the 1st place :)

i am with you paul. stay on the extra 30 mins, because the next day its not 30 mins, its drive back do the job then go on to the next job x that by 3 blokes that could easy be 6 hrs (2 hrs each) if not longer
Yep,l'm with you both there,Paul & Clarkey,always where ever possible. Finsh the job then move on to the next,common sense really. Especially,when distance work.

On site work a big no make safe and on street it is yes if I know I can be done in a hour I stay as its part of parcel swings in roundabouts

Pay the scaffs so much per day and you have`nt a fuck1ng chance of them staying to finish the job no matter how long it may take, but dock their wages for going early and your the biggest ba5tard walking the planet

haha, true GM but to be fair to the scaffs we can be almost always under pressure from one thing or another and it can be tough to finish every single job by staying late. Your average brickie, chipie or spark will be on the same job for months some even from start to finish but most of mine are build it at the start and strike it at the end and always under severe pressure for what ever reason. It's usually because every other trade has feked about for months on end and we have to pick up the slack. I am very seriously of the belief, if all trades were like the scaffs there would never be a delayed contract completion.:cool:

The ones who wont stay are the first out the gate when things are slack,thats the position they've put themselves in,mind you scaffolders must have feckin great teeth,because every one of them has got a 4.30 dental appointment whenever a 5pm finish is required:eek::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom