NASC to take key role in largest ever Working at Height event

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER

Reaction score
NASC to take key role in largest ever Working at Height event

The NASC will again be playing a key role in this year's Safety & Health Expo at the Birmingham NEC on the 15th - 17th May 2012.

The main working at height zone is hosted by the Access Industry Forum (AIF) of which the NASC is a founding member. The zone will host more than 50 presentations, demonstrations and debates from all the members of the AIF (and guests) on safely working at height. This event is expected to be the largest ever event focusing on working at height.

The NASC will be updating visitors to the Expo with 5 topics over the 3 days. The topics include:

1.Advice
5 things at a glance that will tell you if a scaffold is incorrectly built
(Tuesday 15th May - AIF Live Zone)

2.New Guidance
Managing non-scaffolder trades on scaffolding
(Wednesday 16th May - AIF Knowledge Base)

3.New Code of Practice
Is your system scaffold compliant?
(Wednesday 16th May - AIF Live Zone)

4.Advice and Guidance
Appointing and Managing Scaffold Contractors
(Thursday 17th May - AIF Live Zone)

5.Education
What lessons can be learnt from the Milton Keynes collapse?
(Thursday 17th May - AIF Knowledge Base)

NASC representatives will also be available throughout the 3 days to answer any specific questions regarding scaffolding guidance or regulated scaffolding contractors.

5.Education

Don't use a company who's MD goes by the name of Roy Rogers, John Wayne, or Billy the Kid. :D

1.Advice
5 things at a glance that will tell you if a scaffold is incorrectly built
(Tuesday 15th May - AIF Live Zone)
more ********* trying to tell you how to do it after a 1 or 2 day course

2.New Guidance
Managing non-scaffolder trades on scaffolding
(Wednesday 16th May - AIF Knowledge Base)
tell them the scaffolder is always wrong

3.New Code of Practice
Is your system scaffold compliant?
(Wednesday 16th May - AIF Live Zone)
only if you're one of the big boys club (NASC)

4.Advice and Guidance
Appointing and Managing Scaffold Contractors
(Thursday 17th May - AIF Live Zone)
only hire NASC approved

5.Education
The truth is what the NASC says it is

Thanks Tinheads you have saved me a trip to Pakistan sorry I mean Birmingham.

Open the link below.

This sound to me like the perfect day out a few canopeas glass of wine and a chance to embaress the leaders of our industry in front of there clientell and put some embaressing questions to them like, can i convert to islam and work without a harness. should we be looking at what a forty year scaffolder looks like after his knuckles exploded through clubing fittings, will he still be able to service fittings. Or and this is good shall we sell his right to a job in the form of a two day course so they have no chance of looking after his children in elder years.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

I am not drunk or mad but do strongly think that a two day inpection course to someone with little knowledge is an insult.

I Agree With You Steveo, Another Set Of Chancers Who Have Never Turned A Fitting Telling Scaffolders Whats Wrong With Scaffolds, Ill Tell You.Whats Wrong With Our Industry. Its Dumplings Like Them, They Do A Two Day Jolly And Procede To Quote It Chapter And Verse At You.Having Never Turned A Fitting In There Lives.

NASC has lots of small companies, not just the 4 nationals!! Check the membership!

Top Bottom