What Impact Wrench do you Use? (1 Viewer)

Thanks RedViking. Can you tell me what warranty comes on the Makita? 1year 2year ect

Not to sure to be honest , but I have never had any problems with my old one nor my current one , maybe a bit of googling and phone calls to ask about the warranty .

Have you used one yet ?

RV

Hi scaff2010 just orderd one of those today were can I get a frog or pouch or whatever their called for it, will any old electric screwdriver pouch do? Also a lanyard. What's ur view on yours so far mate?

Used one today, in the yard servicing kit, and striped a fe jobs last week with a lad that had one, jus want to make the right choice in getting one because of the cost, an weather it's gon last or not! It's between makitata and hilti me thinks

Just got the hilti today and impressed so far but having problems finding 7/16 sockets for it. Been to halfords but they didn't have any. Using a 13/14 socket that a mate gave me which is nearly the same size but not impact. Otherwise dogs balls so far

Theres been a TV article on today that says there are significant links between Impact Drills and chronic masturbation.

Not calling all those who use them w@nkers or anything. :eek:
Just what i heard... :D

Just got the hilti today and impressed so far but having problems finding 7/16 sockets for it. Been to halfords but they didn't have any. Using a 13/14 socket that a mate gave me which is nearly the same size but not impact. Otherwise dogs balls so far

Metric system mate try amazon "21mm impact socket"

Yes.

Also, if they are like normal ratchets then you will need to know what kind of 'drive' your connecting the socket to. Like ½ inch and so on.

Impact wrenches

Recently been suffering from tennis elbow, thinking off trying impact wrench to see if it makes job any easier. Anyone know cheapest way to try one out before spending three or four hundred quid and realising there no good? Ps been scaffolding fifteen year before any one takes the piss bout using toys etc

Theres been a TV article on today that says there are significant links between Impact Drills and chronic masturbation.

Not calling all those who use them w@nkers or anything. :eek:
Just what i heard... :D

Takes one to know one .....so ive been told ...

Those who laught first laught last. When all the spaner heroes have f.ucked up wrists n all when they're older hahaha

Just got my hilti sis 14.4v from hilti. Love it. first a credit check from hilti, took 1 day, then £249 deposit and 24 months hire @ £17.44 (+vat). Took about 30 mins to fill out paper work then walk out with tool, charger 2 batteries and carry case. Deposit returned after 12 months. Happy days. Used 2 on a base out yesterday, used 1 battery each all day. Checked all fittings with a spanner after impact wrench and surprised at tightness of fittings, especially with two bars of battery left. Early days yet I know but you get to know the sound of the fitting as to weather your tightening the fitting enough or not, and if in doubt a quick check with the spanner.

The advantages are plan to see...

Speed when erecting and dismantling, a big + to achieve work schedule time scales...

Ease of use, pull the trigger and let the power do the work, a big + when one needs to conserve energy and aid hydration over a 10 hr shift in extreme environmental conditions...

What are the disadvantages ??? Thoughts !

The advantages are plan to see...

Speed when erecting and dismantling, a big + to achieve work schedule time scales...

Ease of use, pull the trigger and let the power do the work, a big + when one needs to conserve energy and aid hydration over a 10 hr shift in extreme environmental conditions...

What are the disadvantages ??? Thoughts !
The only one I can see at the moment is probably a small limit of using it in some tight areas, such as around piping ect.
That can easily be substituted with the spanner.
Apart from that, its mostly ADVANTAGE by the look of it.
I am all for anything that makes this trade any easier and helps to give us 'old heads' a longer working lifespan.

Just got my hilti sis 14.4v from hilti. Love it. first a credit check from hilti, took 1 day, then £249 deposit and 24 months hire @ £17.44 (+vat). Took about 30 mins to fill out paper work then walk out with tool, charger 2 batteries and carry case. Deposit returned after 12 months. Happy days. Used 2 on a base out yesterday, used 1 battery each all day. Checked all fittings with a spanner after impact wrench and surprised at tightness of fittings, especially with two bars of battery left. Early days yet I know but you get to know the sound of the fitting as to weather your tightening the fitting enough or not, and if in doubt a quick check with the spanner.

So does that work out at £502 ?? And they are getting interest on your £249 ?
Compared with http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...a=X&ei=Z9VtT-DrM-Sj0QW7vrCNAg&ved=0CEsQ8wIwAg at £317 ???

Last edited:
Top Bottom