Working for kier Yorkshire people's views?

garygary

Reaction score
Working on a kier site at mo, walking round with agent and he is picking gaps of 1inch. Says he wants them plying, I think he is talking piss what's yours views on this or is this normal for kier? Cheers

Its becoming the norm on a lot of sites now gary and Kiers nd Wates are the hottest for it

U would think they would want a bit of room to work,but who's going to fall down a 1 inch gap do people walk round with there eyes shut lol!! I'm more of a joiner than scaff nowadays with all the cutting in and plying I do but guess like u say its way it's going :-(

Falling objects

10.—(1) Every employer shall, where necessary to prevent injury to any person, take suitable and sufficient steps to prevent, so far as is reasonably practicable, the fall of any material or object.

(2) Where it is not reasonably practicable to comply with the requirements of paragraph (1), every employer shall take suitable and sufficient steps to prevent any person being struck by any falling material or object which is liable to cause personal injury.

(3) Every employer shall ensure that no material or object is thrown or tipped from height in circumstances where it is liable to cause injury to any person.

(4) Every employer shall ensure that materials and objects are stored in such a way as to prevent risk to any person arising from the collapse, overturning or unintended movement of such materials or objects.

man on kier site stands on back of lorry to throw fittings off ....company get red card two more and said company loses contract ( iro £ 170000)

operative falls down a step cut into the bank out of mud foot turns on a rock protruding were unknown person had moved heras fencing
management tries to say " he must have been drunk from the night before or he must have been mucking around or he has done this before last year hasn't he? "

site work can be a dirty business

Top Bottom