Is a scafftag a legal requiement on an independant scaffold ???

scotty82

Reaction score
having an arguement with new hs man on job says scafftags are required by law to be on every independant thats erected.

told him thats not true its just good practice. The **** stopped whole site and took all roofers off job because of no scaff tag on the jobs.

We use a scaffold register and handover certificate system

Also got into debate with him over who was a COMPENTENT person in regards to who can hand over ah scaffold ah told him ma brother had an advanced lvl 3 card so he hands over the jobs. He says thats not enough u need to have done ah 2 day scaffold inspection course to hand over ah job.

:mad:

Yes.

I do believe that ANY kind of Scaffold requires a signed and then weekly checked Scaff-Tag or equivalent checking system.

But, im not sure that you need a Tag writ out straight away, as a Handover cert might be good enough for the first week. - Though there im not sure mate.

Scaff tags are not a legal requirement, your brother is able to hand over the scaffold. The H&S bloke is not competent by the sounds of it

so ur saying that having a scafftag is a legal requirment then ?

Hand Over Cert Should Be Good Enough,The Scaff Tag Was Never Legally Binding Before, So Why The Feck Now? Any Competent Person Can Hand Over A Scaffold Not Just Some Two Day Inspection Course ****.

No tag needed just an inspection record.
A competent scaffolder can even be a basic scaffolder as long as only handing over basic scaffold's
PS just knock the prick out LOL

so ur saying that having a scafftag is a legal requirment then ?

No it isn't a legal requirement, ask the H&S bloke which regulation states this. There isn't one , he's a CANT, probably just come off a two day course, didn't listen, now preaching to experienced men, but has never seen a scaffold spanner before in his life. Tell him to feck off and stop being a pr1ck.

Thank Feck its Friday :D

Cant believe there are no cold beers in the fridge

mate so close too slapping the prick
ah never get into debates wae them usual just listen to there pish and get on with it no the day but, had to stick to wot ah thought was right

Also pulled up ma brother for no being hooked on when ask how he wasnt he just said no above 6m and in ah fully boarded and double railed lift.

The tit then said we should maybe look into installing ah static line fur **** sake were only going up 8m he replied and its only 3 bay long.

Its bad enough using the step noo they want ah static line unbelievable this games nae fun anymore

NO i never use them unless it is specified in the tender , you can hand it over and its then down to the main contractor to organize and pay for 7 day inspections

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Wrap the fu cking line around his neck and throw him of the top lift

I Agree Ian, This Bloke Sounds A Right Crank, Its Just Getting Worse.

ah said to him so anyone can handover a scaffold thats done a 2 day course yet me or my brother with about 30 years experience between us cant thats no rite.

how can 2 day courses make someone more competent than someone wae 30 years experience he had no answer and wants to spk to ma gaffer lol

Scotty Let Him Speak To Your Gaffer, He Should Sort Him Out,(If Hes A Gaffer Worth Having That Is)

old saying , " a little knowledge is a dangerous thing " sounds like it was written for this
Bell end

Whats the old saying

A Little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing and it seems like it with this self opinionated ba5tard

It is NOT legally required, why do people think this!?!?!

Your brother is MORE than qualified to be "competent", more so than some 2-day course moronic individual. A scaffold inspection course is not required.

Tell the idiot to come on here and we'll set him straight. Do not back down, we cannot go on kissing a*se and just accepting people dictating to us when they incorrect.

hes out playing golf lol said he phone me later find out wot happened he says am rite no to worry about it he sort it out just was wanting to make sure 100% ah was rite canny wait to c the tit on monday

I think they try and make you do it , because you have to sign the tag every week , and they use it as an inspection record ? Some councils insist on it , but thats fine as long as you know before you price the work

Top Bottom