My thoughts on Layher

Im having the same problem on a with the Allround System. My question is that all though it has the components to mix the two together thus making it a hybrid scaffold when then does it become a design issue with regards to drawings?

Work with the stuff all the time at Fawley. Granted it does have its uses in boilers , straight runs, when nothing is in the way. But most of the time its just f@£king frustrating.

Lego for spastics, thats what system scaffold is all about. Cuplok is the only system I will moan less about, but still fcuking hate it. Gives me ear ache and sore eyes just looking at the stuff. GAS props are the worst I have used, total bum gravy.

The only way i can describe layher and that is trying to fit a square peg into a round whole

Layher = The best System Scaffold on the market today.
Im a Tube and Fitting Scaffolder, all the way - but i do like using Layher.

in 35 years in the game iv'e used all the systems on the market, didn' like any of them neither did my elbows ! both well fu*ked.
the only good thing i will say about the stuff is that Haki make the best staircase's on the market it is just a bit to heavy when you are going up 20 lifts.

Every staircase is too heavy unless it's aluminium.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Unless you're that **** that benches ladder beams

I could offer the boys triple time and they still wouldn't take the steel stairs out the yard, but mention the alli ones and they are off like greyhounds out a trap.

Hi Swifty,your not wrong there !!!! But have used the Cuplock 10-leg stair tower,with aluminium stairs treads,they're spot on.

Last edited:
Hakilight????? Not thast yans av used weight a tone the stairs and the platfroms layher is lighter but still a night mare cuplock stair cases or ok i suppose but as a hol i h8 the stuff gaffer thinks layher puts its self up he sets of the pace rapid for about 10 mins and then half an our l8r and 50 fags later fuks off when ya on 5th lift i h8 the stuff

haha, that's the first thing you have said that I have in common with your gaffer.:cool:

Work with the stuff all the time at Fawley. Granted it does have its uses in boilers , straight runs, when nothing is in the way. But most of the time its just f@£king frustrating.
I'd agree withyou there,Decromax,straight runs & square corners,nowt in the way & so long as you have all the odds+sods,that go with each indivual system,it works. But for getting the job done & overcoming all the obstacles,that present themselves,T&F wins every time.

been using haki on a straight run today and hate to admit its quick , not good just quick

Hi Allan666, I work for HAKI and would appreciate some constructive feedback as to why you thought it was quick, but not good. We have made some changes to production and as a result have managed to bring down both the weight and the cost. It would be good to hear your comments.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

in 35 years in the game iv'e used all the systems on the market, didn' like any of them neither did my elbows ! both well fu*ked.
the only good thing i will say about the stuff is that Haki make the best staircase's on the market it is just a bit to heavy when you are going up 20 lifts.

Beado, thanks for the comments on the HAKI stair towers, we have made big reductions regarding the weight and there is a new HAKI light system for the scaffold and also an aluminium version for certain applications. Check out the website 'www.haki.co.uk' or contact me if you want more details. we are also developing a public access stair, which hopefully will be on there soon.

Top Bottom