Rip off solar panel companies named and shamed. (1 Viewer)

copperknackers

Reaction score
Right chaps, not sure if anyone else has started anything similar, but looks like i'm getting taken for a ride with another solar panel company, wasn't a lot either time but in the current climate, it all adds up. Yes i know what your going to say, once bitten twice shy and all that, but hey ho, obviously far too trusting!
So i thought i'd let you know who they are then you can tell em to nob off if they come calling. Anyone else feel free to help, but if one of us taking a hit can prevent the rest of the brotherhood being taken for a ride then it's all good for me. ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Solar for everyone- based in Oldham- contact matt pomfrett
Unidata infrastructure- based in london- contact gary hollands

anyone had any dealings with a company called solar solutions think there based in leeds, they asked us 2 price 7 jobs in cumbria for them, bt just seem like funny gits when on fone, n don't wanna be gettin bumped for payments off them/...

Solar companies are mercenaries mate no loyalty they use and abuse, we have so many phone you up give them the price right can you do it tomorrow, do it spend 3 months chasing for payment.
The favourite at the moment is the girl that sighs the checks is of at the moment sick, what has no other c&nt in the office got hands.

yaaa i did a few b4 xmas they rang me to go strike the scaffold i said you gota make a bacs payments first b4 we strike...... THEY PAID....lol i ent walkin into that one...

there is some good one out there though we started with a firm in oct did about 30k and give them there credit they have paid up straight every time,

We work for a couple that pay straight away however still owed invoices from last october by another

Anyone fitted these things themselves ?
What's involved ?
Seems like we could all do our own scaffolding to save a packet and if the panels are simple enough to fit, then save a load on that bit too, with possibly a Leccy mate to do the final wiring up, etc.
Any info anyone ?

What's involved ?
Seems like we could all do our own scaffolding to save a packet and if the panels are simple enough to fit, then save a load on that bit too, with possibly a Leccy mate to do the final wiring up, etc.
Any info anyone ?

I've got them,i got a firm we do a lot for to do them at cost,well so they said anyway haha,i paid 7k for them over two roofs and they reckon it should have cost 11k at the time,though i think they've dropped in price since,the trouble with doing it yourself is you need whats called a fit certificate which requires an msc number which can only be supplied by the energy supplier(not the sun)i.e.british gas or eon or the like,who register you for the goverment rebate,so you have to have a registered company,also the fitters have to be trained and certed,so it seems like another mad paper trail,but they do seem easy enough to fit,and an organised spark who's already set up could well save ££££££££££:cool:

Utn Wakefield do a two day course on how to fit them

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

£199 plus vat

What's involved ?
Any info anyone ?
We insure a lot of scaffolders and over the last year or so more and more of our clients are calling us up to add Solar Panel Installation to their business description. Clearly it makes sense to do it if you can for some additional income.. All you need is a BFSC electrician to rig it up for you and Bob's your uncle.

We insure a lot of scaffolders and over the last year or so more and more of our clients are calling us up to add Solar Panel Installation to their business description. Clearly it makes sense to do it if you can for some additional income.. All you need is a BFSC electrician to rig it up for you and Bob's your uncle.

The only reason people get solar is for the buyback,as for adding it to my insurance i think i'll pass,it's hard enough just trying to stay ahead in scaffolding,but good luck to the ones that do;)

I thought that was a strange one BF, good on you for spotting an opening Johnny but I have to agree with BF, we are in a tough trade as it is and if we have to diversify at any stage I can't see it being that.

Thirs are few scaff firms installing solar panals at the minute but they sub it all out.

Is there anyway something can be set up to list bad payers on,something that everyone can post on, then it can be used as a quick reference for everyone? Something like a 1 page thing that you can check without trawling through pages of other stuff?

I think that would be a good idea but as usual it would be open to abuse and there is always unresolved disputes. It would be nice to have a register but I would say admin has enough trouble keeping us in line without worrying about that.

What about risk disc, quite a good way of spotting the bad payers?

Got in touch with a company about becaming a registered installer. Told me I would need to go on one of their courses.Basically a sparkies course at a cost of 7 grand+. Voltaic energy linked to a unit linked to your meter. Dont really want to become a spark. another course..sounds familiar.

For you others getting screwed for your scaffolds, seems like Leaners could come into their own.:D:D

Top Bottom