Tg20:13 (1 Viewer)

phil181

Reaction score
Major rewrite of TG20 planned for release next year.

You heard it here first.

What the hell they changing now?

More importantly when's the old SG rules coming back?

should co-inside with the NEW WAH regs 2013 . they'll be uproah on here.lol.

NASC urges*replacing ‘competent’ with ‘qualified’ in*new*work at height regs
The National Access & Scaffolding Confederation (NASC) has called for*the words ‘competent’ and ‘competence’*to replaced with ‘qualified’ and a requirement for ‘qualification’ under*any new*Work at Height Regulations (WAH) introduced*by 2013. The call is in response to the recent government report by Professor Löfstedt.

NASC argue that one particular ‘grey’ area in the current WAH Regulations concerns the use of the terms ‘competent’ and ‘competence’*which occur frequently throughout*current legislation.

The terms are said to be “at the*heart” of the regulations*yet both are*”ambiguous and open to interpretation”*resulting in different interpretations and*standards. The*NASC recommend that these terms be replaced by the term ‘qualified’.

Change*will*improve standards in poor performing sectors
The NASC has written to Government*calling for the change*which it says is*a simple yet effective recommendation to help the government meet its objectives of the review. The NASC*accounts for over 75% of the UK’s scaffolding industry turnover and*members must meet the NASC objectives of maintaining and developing best practice throughout the scaffolding industry.*

The NASC*accounts for over 75% of the UK’s scaffolding industry turnover and*members must meet the NASC objectives of maintaining and developing best practice throughout the scaffolding industry.*

......:weird: ......really.....?

Everyone within the industry new the TG 20 was wrong apart from the NASC?

I cant see the government changing competent to qualified in this economic climate. Potentially putting thousands out of work. Maybe if there was a test of competency or full funding available but i cant see it happening.

I might be wrong, I quite often am but I don't think the rewrite will have much to do with cards or competence but hopefully will give us more scope to put a beam in to a job without running to a designer.

zzzzzzzz well we knew it woz comeing paperwork makes money my firm got 10 blokes on there tg 20.08 this month sometime i believe!!! think thats the course or one of them!! as theres so many tg 20s!!! most have done this on there part 1 or part 2 why have they got to do it again ohh forgot!!! firm picks up bill more money for the coffers!!!!

So basically they want you to spend another 100 queens heads on buying updated book where they have changed the word competent to qualified

TIPP-EX is 3 bin lids a bottle

Asked for that change a year & a half ago!!!

Told it was going to be in SG4 10.

Bet they still won't regard the removal of ties as a reportable incident!!

Ragscaff

I might be wrong, I quite often am but I don't think the rewrite will have much to do with cards or competence but hopefully will give us more scope to put a beam in to a job without running to a designer.

I hope so aom
but the UKCG have announced that they are going to review all training and competences (so more training & costs and tickets will probably change :mad:)

a standard bridge and loading tower arrangement would be good with competences for erecting in line with the training the part 2 received:love:

I belive the training courses and the training modules should be ripped up and start all over again. Everyone from training providers,NASC,scaffolding companys sit down and work out the best way forward to improve are industry.

instructor surely guys with ten twenty years in shouldnt have their cards ripped up or abilities questioned by a anybody never mind the nasc,i cant believe that were as a trade are going to allow such upheaval of our accreditation to work because of a dispute over the exact meaning of certain words,am not having a go but its getting a bit tiring now.sorry to hark on again but would you see this as a money spinner or something that essentially needs doing??thanks.

Celticboy i never said rip the cards up. What i am saying is we need a new approach to the way we train and should all have say in the way we need to move forward.

Start off by failing the muppets would be a good idea

Last edited:
Top Bottom