Cost of Scaffolding (1 Viewer)

ibby

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondering if someone would be happy enough on the forum to give me an "approx cost of scaffolding".

I am based in Yorkshire, and I own a semi detached house. In the next few months I will be looking at DIY'ing a loft conversion. I will be trying to do the majority of the work myself.

I will be employing suitable tradesmen to do some of the work. Because this build will be done my me and I need scaffolding outside my house. I would say that it would take around 3 months of hard graft for me to finish off as I would be doing it in phases.

I need scaffolding on the side of the house and the back. I have two options,

Option 1

to employ a company to install the Scaffolding, but I am wondering how much the cost would be to install and rent for atleast a month. Can anyone give me a approx cost?

Option 2

To buy the scaffolding 2nd hand of ebay and then get a scaffolder to come and errect it for me.

What the going rate one of you guys would charge?

Thanks

i wouldnt advise doing it ur self mate as its not as simple as that, just pick up the yellow pages/google local scaffolding companies or maybe a forum member local to you will pm you. but i doubt whether any member will give you a price over an open forum after all we are all in buisiness !

i wouldnt advise doing it ur self mate as its not as simple as that, just pick up the yellow pages/google local scaffolding companies or maybe a forum member local to you will pm you. but i doubt whether any member will give you a price over an open forum after all we are all in buisiness !

I dont plan to errect it my self, I dont have the knowledge!

I would buy the scaffolding stuff if it works out cheaper and then employ someone to install it for me. (hence why I am looking into this option) it could work out better especially if the work overruns!

I will be starting the project around May, so just really looking for approx prices. Forum members are more than welcome to PM me.

welcome ibby , if you post the length and height of your house then some one on here will be able to give you a very close cost. It probably is about 18 meters in lenght and 6 meters high and will cost you some where around £900 to have it done by a bonafide fully insured company , probably cost you around £3-4k to buy the gear second hand but you could re-sell it
afterwards , trouble is you could have it lying around your house for a while after and there is a fair bit of kit in it.
It would take 2 good lads a day to erect and half a day to strike so probably cost you somewhere around £450 in Labour , but remember they almost certainly wont have any insurance .

Hope this helps :)

I wont be looking at erecting it myself, I will leave that to the professionals.

Iam happy for people to pm me with quotes.

The reason why I would rather buy my equipment is so if I overrun, I dont have to pay extra.

get a local scaffolding company in probably about £500 not worth the hassle if it goes t1ts up

Jakdan he is in Basingstoke mate , not the middle of nowhere where lads work for £40 a day :laugh:

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Sorry Jakdan its Southern whos in Basingstoke :embarrest:

welcome ibby , if you post the length and height of your house then some one on here will be able to give you a very close cost. It probably is about 18 meters in lenght and 6 meters high and will cost you some where around £900 to have it done by a bonafide fully insured company , probably cost you around £3-4k to buy the gear second hand but you could re-sell it
afterwards , trouble is you could have it lying around your house for a while after and there is a fair bit of kit in it.
It would take 2 good lads a day to erect and half a day to strike so probably cost you somewhere around £450 in Labour , but remember they almost certainly wont have any insurance .

Thanks for the welcome :)

My house is around,

10 Meters Wide,
7 Meters High
7 Meters Lenght

How much scaffolding would I need in Feet ?

Was looking at something like this
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I will only employ competent people.

Thanks for the welcome :)

My house is around,

10 Meters Wide,
7 Meters High
7 Meters Lenght

How much scaffolding would I need in Feet ?

Was looking at something like this
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I will only employ competent people.

i'm not comin all the way up the for 40 squid lolo

I dont really want this to turn into a thread bashing for Indians and pakis.

Its seems that so many racists exist on the forum,

Cowboys will be Cowboys.... why lower yourself to that level?

err this is scaffold forum ibby what else would you expect , we say it how it is mate and Indian scaffold companys give us a bad name

Top Bottom