Estimating Packages

Here's a prototype of version 2. Calculates both a price and produces a load list.

Download CalcScaff.wmv from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Assumes up to 21's for standards for independents up to three lifts high but staggers 16's and 21's for higher jobs. Load list assumes common tube sizes for standards and toppers but mathematically correct tube sizes for ledgers and make-ups to limit unwanted protrusion.

Can cover up to four separate or four linked facade scaffolds.

Any ideas for improvement would be welcome.

looks good to me -- can i have a go !!!

Here's a prototype of version 2. Calculates both a price and produces a load list.

Download CalcScaff.wmv from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Assumes up to 21's for standards for independents up to three lifts high but staggers 16's and 21's for higher jobs. Load list assumes common tube sizes for standards and toppers but mathematically correct tube sizes for ledgers and make-ups to limit unwanted protrusion.

Can cover up to four separate or four linked facade scaffolds.

Any ideas for improvement would be welcome.

looks good to me -- can i have a go !!!

I'm hoping to sell the finished version to smaller companies and this version has no copy protection so I can't distribute it at the moment, sorry.

I would welcome ideas for enhancement.

Some ideas I've been considering.

1. Optional load list for progressive scaffolds on a lift by lift basis.

2. Print buttons for a) whole sheet, b) load list only.

3. Generation of drawing to match input data.

All ideas welcome

well down the tube when you have sorted your copyrights out then let me know bruv

That's one of the problems, in that there's not much if anything to copyright! All I can do is to make it difficult for users to use it on more than one PC.

One thing I will need to do is to work out ways in which I can set default unit rates to force the spreadsheet to mimic the pricing policy of smaller companies. These policies are a mishmash of linear and square metre rates, price per square, make varying degrees of compensation for higher scaffolds and increasing numbers of boarded lifts, treats transport in various ways from ignoring it, adding notional amounts for 'diesel' or per mile charges and, over all, is often prone to errors with no guarantee of a reasonable return.

There have been various examples of pricing policy cited on here but I would ask members to PM me in confidence to give me the lowdown on how they price tied independent access scaffolds.

I want to be able to tweak all spreadsheets before delivery to suit the customer's needs so the more examples I get back now will greatly assist me later.

TIA

DTT.

So, I finally got round to finishing 'ScaffManager'.

ScaffManagerScreenshot.jpg

Calculates prices, creates accurate load lists, load weights etc. for tied independent scaffolds up to 20 lifts high and up to four elevations (separate or linked by returns) at a time. Fully configurable to mimic most pricing policies. Change unit rates for labour, hire, transport etc. at the click of a button.

Demo video can be downloaded from Click Here

Feedback would be very welcome.

Looks good think you should send me a copy to evaluate

Top Bottom