Scaffolding goes up in the wrong place - Council realise they have wrong address

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER

Reaction score
Scaffolding goes up in the wrong place - Council realise they have wrong address

news23_2.jpg

Published: 26 January 2012
by TOM FOOT

SCAFFOLDING was set up around a four-storey building for five days before Camden Council officials realised they had the wrong address.

To their surprise, staff at the Fitzrovia Neighbourhood Centre in Tottenham Street were told by workmen that the building was due for a makeover.

But it wasn’t, and the Town Hall have now launched a review.

Linus Rees, who runs the Fitzrovia News shop from the building, said: “It took at least three days to put it up and I think they came back on Monday to finish it off.

When I rang up the council and asked, ‘what’s going on?’, they said ‘Oh, they’re not supposed to do it there’.”

A council spokeswoman apologised for the error, adding: “We are reviewing procedures to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

“We have agreed with our contractor that no cost will be passed on for this work.”

If you didnt laugh you would cry, another fuck1ng jobsworth earns their vastly inflated salary by getting it all wrong, whilst down the road old age pensioners are waiting

3 WEEKS TO HAVE THEIR BINS EMPTIED

Us to jakdan, but chimney heads mostly, you know when someone is pointing up in the air and you'r all yeah yeah yeah.:embarrest:

One client does a lot of these things and loves photo's of everything but it's always just the chimney and he tells us you can't miss it it's the one with the satellite attached, well they all have satellites attached.:eek:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Ah I've seen that done on a house once or twice but NEVER on something that big for nearly a week! You're right GM what complete plank messed that up!?!?

What a set of d1ckheads, who in their right mind puts scaffold up on the wrong house?

Please don't ask Scaffy if I have ever done that anywhere..........Once!

haha, we have all done it at lest once.

Hey it happens, back when I was on the tools with SGB a big mob of us turned out for a Sunday job in Nottingham City Centre, trailer turns up, leading hand starts basing out, so we just follow suit, fook if we didnt run out of gear after 5 lifts!!! We're all cursing the Supervisor along the lines of "That idiot fooked the load up....again!!" Rang said Supervisor to ask what he wanted us to do....Turns out we had put the job up on the neighbouring property!! So Pizza Hut had a half finished scaffold up for a week until we turned out the following Sunday to sort it!! I wasnt complaining...Double Bubble for two Sundays....There is however one particular Leading Hand in Nottingham who still hasnt lived it down!! You know who you are!! :D

Top Bottom