trainee scaffolder (1 Viewer)

garry fern

Reaction score
hello my name is garry fern
i just finished my part2 scaffolding course and waiting to go for 1 day assesment.just had redudancy on monday,but today the collage sent my folder back and said all my pictures was wrong because i wasant wearing any gloves in any of my pictures,what can i do ?:sad:

Gloves are not mandatory PPE, only site/job specific.

Just to add to this, the portfolio verifyers are starting to really pi55 me off lately, there is no consistency in what gets approved or knocked back, tbh some of the crap they come up with just defies logic.

Last edited:
hi m8 curious where did u do ur training m8 as that is irrelivent, darren

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

try to contact training 2000@ blackburn and ask 4 eddie rule/amanda ridding,darren

Garry

As Dave has stated, the wearing of gloves during Scaffolding, is not a Act, as in in HASAWA 1974 or a Regulation , MHSWR 1999, it might be considered ACOP, however as Dave mentioned, it all depends on your current place of work and the PC's Policy regarding the wearing of PPE.

I have worked with old hands (excuse the pun) who have never worn gloves while scaffolding, immaterial of weather conditions.

I once took a wee tumble, when a board band caught my glove.

I hope i can get back to you over the wkd, on advice on how to to appeal against the guilty party returning your portfolio, first instincts is the CISRS, contact us link. but i would wait for some more info, off the many learned colleagues within this forum.

P.S. Sorry you were made redundant mate, good luck for the future.

i did my course in simian skill limited in warrington

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Thanks for all of your help. Much appreciated. Fingers crossed I get it sorted. I don't fancy starting all over again!! I had to start again 3 years ago after getting made redundant before finishing part 2. Started back a year later and had to start from scratch.

BTW none of the jobs were on a site. Just houses and large buildings.

One thing that might help you is if you can get a risk assesment or disclaimer from your employer stating that gloves are not mandatory and are worn at the users discretion dependent on the risk associated. I do a similar one for the wearing of shorts, we have a hot weather/shorts risk assesment and disclaimer I send off if any of the pictures are of the men wearing shorts, sorts that problem out easily.

Hope you get it sorted, let us know the outcome.

Dave.

Hi Gary
Just a quick fix but can you go and see yor old supervisor and get him to verify your portfolio by giving you a copy of the F91's and a copy of a scafftag for each job they will do for verification ,
I verified about 30 lads portfolios with these documents
Ged

gary you need to read thru your portfolio to see if there is any part with regard to ppe , its possible if we talking about an apprenticeship porfolio that the college may have it wrote down that all ppe should be worn as per its safety policy on page such an such. but why dont you ask them to clarify where it states that gloves must be worn for all photo shoots

i agree with darren send it to training 2000 blackburn thats where i done mine they might be able to help great centre. good luck ;)

Top Bottom