Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scaffold Designers Directory

Thanks

Post Scaffold Designers Directory

Just thought I'd start a thread for design engineers to leave their details and the areas they cover for contractors to find locally.
    (I know how difficult it is to find one when you need one LOL)

I'm based in Portsmouth and currently cover a lot of the south coast area from Dorset in the West to Kent in the East and up to London (although not exclusively!)

Adept Design Solutions Ltd

FCL House, Rodney Road, Fratton,
    Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO4 8SY.
    Tel: 023 9298 7840
    Fax: 023 9281 5004
    Mob: 079 6960 9983
    Web: adeptdesignuk.com

Thanks

Smile Chris Burch - Scaffold Design - Tubular Techniques

Hi Danny

Don't think we have met even though I have worked in London and South for more years than I like to remember.

I know there are a couple of other designers on here.

We have four designers at the moment in the office

We can be contacted by the link below my signature
    Last edited by ChrisEng; 27th September 2012 at 11:32 AM.

Thanks

Default Designers

Hi Chris / Danny

I know of 3 companies that are based in the Midlands and use them on a regular basis as I get asked to do temporary works co-ordination on jobs. If they are busy, would you be interested in some work as it's very busy up here with long turn around times.

Contact me on 07508 767788

Julian

Thanks

Default Designer Service

Hi Jules

Just saw your post.

Will give you a call on Monday to see what we can do for you, but bear in mind we are based on South coast.

Have a good weekend

Chris Eng

Thanks

Would like to hear scaffold design engineers views on tie pull testing. I would like to work with as many as possible to make it ultra clear on the drawings that ties should be pull tested - in my experience not enough is made of the importance of getting the ties tested on the design drawings - in order to cover design engineers backs bold instructions on tie testing required loads, bold statement on drawing to state the importance of pull testing and where to look to get the testing done by competent trained professionals would not only cover the engineers back more but would enhance the service to their clients? So as not to be recommending anyone in particualr and showing any unprofessional favouritism details of the CFA Approved Tester lists should do the trick? Any feedback ......

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shed View Post
    Would like to hear scaffold design engineers views on tie pull testing. I would like to work with as many as possible to make it ultra clear on the drawings that ties should be pull tested - in my experience not enough is made of the importance of getting the ties tested on the design drawings - in order to cover design engineers backs bold instructions on tie testing required loads, bold statement on drawing to state the importance of pull testing and where to look to get the testing done by competent trained professionals would not only cover the engineers back more but would enhance the service to their clients? So as not to be recommending anyone in particualr and showing any unprofessional favouritism details of the CFA Approved Tester lists should do the trick? Any feedback ......
    Good thinking - get your name around to all the engineers and see what response you get. CFA is great at advising who in the testing world can be trusted and offers lots of info when asked.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,871 Times in 4,178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shed View Post
    Shed,

I have seen you post this a couple of times now. Don't take this the wrong way but I was wondering what the common pit falls were in regard to testing. We currently test our own ties and are now using cads to prove the required resistance. I feel this is a straight forward simple procedure but after reading your posts there may be something I am missing?

Thanks

aom -

I think the most common pitfall is that many many scaffold contractors do not test at all!
    Once you get into the nitty gritty TG4 suggests that a pull test should be carried out to ascertain the tie values before a design has been completed.
    And if pull tests are completed the tester has to be competent, (with a in date calibrated machine) - this means trained in operation of the machinery, had formal training on pull testing on a cisrs course such as the supervisors and also to tick all the boxes completed the CFA's training day on pull testing methods and some background into the suitability of the fixings used and their method of installation.
    It is of some confusion to me that this process is not enforced by NASC and that TG4 does not become incorporated within TG20 as a requirement?
    Its good to hear that you and yuor company carrying these test out.
    Cheers Shed

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shed For This Useful Post:

aom (12th August 2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,871 Times in 4,178 Posts

Thanks for that shed,
    I guess I will need to book another course to call myself competent eh. These training providers must be the only people earning money during the reccession.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to aom For This Useful Post:

scaffy (12th August 2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aom View Post
    Thanks for that shed,
    I guess I will need to book another course to call myself competent eh. These training providers must be the only people earning money during the reccession.
    Aom
    I think we are, especially with a scaffold background!!
    Any fool can be busy!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast