Tax Return (1 Viewer)

Hmm...They sound like the ideal people to create accounts that show a 'loss'...:)

So let me see if I've got this right - You send them a client whom they charge £100 & they then send that £100 to you...
Now I don't think I'm the greatest talent with numbers, but I think all of us can see the glaring big hole in this proposition ... No?

Oh! And I bet They're just going to be gagging to represent and defend their client when the tax inspector comes asking questions right.

I think what Scaffy meant was this firm would do the Tax returns for his CIS lads at £100 per man , and he was offering to pass on the number to interested parties, typo error maybe .

£100 +vat is pretty much a standard fee to file an annual self assessment tax return.

I would suggest any one signing up to a 30% of any rebate received deal needs to do so with caution as you could end up £100s out of pocket something many lads use sight of when the big rebate cheque minus the 30% deduction lands on the doorstep.

Ask around,your local mini cab drivers are a good bet , most are self employed and have to file self assessments each year but instead of a rebate they pay a tax bill each year therefore its in their best interests to use a tax adviser with a low set fee.

If you are working or have been working for an agency and been paid via an umbrella company on the CIS scheme then most of these will file your end of year return at no cost as it is included in your weekly handling fee.

There is nothing to stop you doing it yourself but it can be a bit mind blowing personally the £100+vat is well worth it . and the deadline for the 2010/2011 return is 31st January :huh:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/sa100.pdf

Nice one Scaffy, it's all about options.

bettertax aint no good anyway, everytime u ring an ask 4 a certain person who works there, they are never there or on another call, an say they will call u back, an i have yet 2 get a phonecall back from them,!!! its like ringing on agency for work, OH WE,LL RING YOU BACK!

Sponsors are obviously a welcome addition but Bettertax has already built a successful business in a cut throat industry and should not be too worried by a bit of competition.

Bettertax do however sponsor the site!!!
Hardly credible as a moderator to be cutting their grass.

There is a reason why they sponsor the forum and it isn't a charitable one. I personally don't have a problem with Better Tax after all we live in a free market economy and by the same token in the spirit of SF members should be informed that other potentially cheaper options are available without necessarily offering free advertising to individual none sponsoring companies IMO

I have always felt that to be the case Podger.

Podger knows what im talking about and is correct

Hard to answer back when you dont know the uncharitable reasons.

By sponsoring the Forum Better Tax gain access to a large number of potential clients to whom they charge a fee of 30% on any rebate received !

Podger knows what im talking about and is correct

Yeah Bollox ! It does make you wonder mate some people are just asking for an arse warming lol

Sometimes the only answee is ********

Basically a customer contacted us and said there in house accountants have offered to do our blokes or anybody else thats intrested taxs returns for 100pound all in my ultimate wizdom i thought i would annouce this to fellow scaffolders on the forum. However after being accused of getting 100pound kickback by the like by a forum sponser and my only answer now is bolloxs.
Rigger totally agree with the comments that you make concerning forum sponsers and ill comfirm ido not use any of them!

Good on you Scaffy, as I said at the top of this thread it's all about options. The sponsors don't run the site nor do they control what we think and say so feck them if they don't like it they can all feck off for me but they won't cos what is it they say, "They have never had it so good."

Cheers Scaffy
I did see the original posts you made mate
Just thought it was amusing you changed it to
Bollox !!! lol

Thanks for your comments lads and i reiterate if anyone wants the number just pm me il pass it on

Top Bottom