Bettertax tax refunds (1 Viewer)

andyf8686

Reaction score
Lads there is a lad getting investergated for just short of 9k after using the Bettertax not saying its there fault but ?

Andy is the 9k taxable undeclared income or what the lad owes them before the end of January

No 100% on it mate just he was at work and said he got a letter from the tax man telling him he is under investergation for about 9k so now all the lads that did the tax thing as sick as fffff

when i was on palmers a few years ago they used a company called 'paid to much tax' one year all the blokes whose surname started with a H got investigated, but it was just a more intensive aduit on there tax return

if you have nothing to hide your be fine

Andy,

Whilst I appreciate your concerns about a fellow colleague, this is how hearsay and nasty rumours can start.

Thankfully, being an active member on the forums, I can answer this.

I know who you're speaking about and I am dealing with this person's "investigation" myself. I hope you have told him that you have posted this, not only about him but about us as well?

HMRC are quite at liberty to pull anyone's file and take a good hard look at it. If you look back over other threads, you'll see we have answered this kind of query before.

It may also be worth noting that this claim is for over 4 years worth of tax rebate, which is why it's a high figure. It's also worth noting that the refund hasn't been paid out yet, so we have not been paid either, but despite that, we are still doing what we can to assist in what HMRC need. Also, because it's not been paid out, it doesn't get clawed back either.

And, I'm not sure I like the implication you're making that it could be Bettertax's fault. And that's me "just saying".

This is not money owed in tax, by the way.

i have never used BetterTax yet but will be this year, they have always been helpful when calling and asking questions where most accountants that deal with tax returns wouldnt even entertain you, and i no a few people who have used these in the past and very happy with there return and the way BetterTax handled it

You cant stop the Taxman from investigating you.
Just bad luck... 1 of several million? - Awful luck tbh.

If hes been honest when he gave the details of his expenses, he should be fine.
If he 'exaggerated' the amounts (like we probably all do) - then he could be in trouble.

I'm not sure I like the implication you're making that it could be Bettertax's fault. And that's me "just saying".

"Lads there is a lad getting investergated for just short of 9k after using the Bettertax not saying its there fault but ?"

Please read "Lads there is a lad getting investergated for just short of 9k after using the Bettertax not saying its there fault but ?" my words

Bettertax I have not and am not saying it's your fault !

In answer to "have I told the lad in question " I am only posting what is the hot topic between the scaffolders as this is a scaffolders forum ????

I really hope you can help this lad in question as he is a very lad and it seems it's the good hard working lads that get shafted!

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

I have been looking over you post / questions

I have not quoted over what the time scale the claim is over nor have I stated any details about the claim all I have past on is a lad is getting investergated

I am not and have not said the blame is on your company

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

SF feel free to remove this if it goes against forum rule ?????
No admission of any wrong doing "I have taken legal advise on this"

I believe and I'm sure if I'm wrong i will be quickly corrected, that Better Tax charge a fee of 30% on any rebate received.

Therefore on a rebate of £9000 Better Tax will retain £2700 for their services.

My local friendly account charges me a flat fee of £100 +vat at the current rate of 20% = £120 for filing my yearly self assessment tax return and will check if I'm due any rebate for periods of PAYE employment during the tax year .

You do the maths chaps
smil5.gif

And that's me "just saying".

ive used bettertax i got £5500 - ther cut im using them all time (happy has larry)

Top Bottom