Hi... spanner advice?!! (4 Viewers)

KeenKev

Reaction score
Hi,

I am 29yo and have just started work in the scaffolding industry, I have no previous experience, I have been doing it now for 3/4 months... But I am loving it...

Ive got my tool belt with everything but the spanner I have is quite old school steel, thick handle (all the scaffs I work with usualy laugh at it), so Im looking to spend around £30-£40 on a new one but Im unsure of what is a good spanner to go with? steel? titanium?

Also looking to get a adjustable spanner as Ive seen some of the guys I work with use them... But what size do I go for?

Thanks,

KeenKev!

i think ya should spend ya money on a decent pair of boots cos u got alot of running around to do before ya think of buyin spanners pal.. i never had a belt for 18 month, n never thought about gettin one either.

Welcome to the forum, forget the spanner you might not be in the game long enough to get your monies worth, at least you can wear the boots every day

Hello KeenKev

Welcome to the forums :).

Good luck with your move into scaffolding. Don't forget, come the end of the tax year (April) you can offset what you spent on tools against any tax you paid.

Make sure you keep all your receipts!! That goes for all of you! :)

I think a good pair of gloves for the rope mate is the first thing to get.

The spanner dont make the scaffolder anyone can tighten a nut and bolt , its knowing where the nut and bolts need to go and why that make you a scaffolder

Agreed.
I have a very very nice 'Hollywood' Spanner and im still a useless c.unt! :D

spanner! spanner!...shouldn't even be thinking of it yet,far too much carrying & bumping out to deal wiv before ur let loose with a spanner lolo

Hi,

I am 29yo and have just started work in the scaffolding industry, I have no previous experience, I have been doing it now for 3/4 months... But I am loving it...

Ive got my tool belt with everything but the spanner I have is quite old school steel, thick handle (all the scaffs I work with usualy laugh at it), so Im looking to spend around £30-£40 on a new one but Im unsure of what is a good spanner to go with? steel? titanium?

Also looking to get a adjustable spanner as Ive seen some of the guys I work with use them... But what size do I go for?

Thanks,
what size adjustable the answer is in the question its ADJUSTABLE u will make a scaffolder thick as f uck:D:D:D
KeenKev!
g

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

well that went wrong after thanks thats me

Alright boys,

Ive got the boots, gloves etc. every tool ive got I have already used extensively, I dont like standing about. But I know exactly what you are saying I always say 'all the gear, no idea'... But, I am determined and so eager to learn and the lads who I work with are great and giving me little jobs to do once they have all their gear.

Thanks for the advice, as I say I really want to do this and I take all your comments on board!

Kev.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Uh, there are all sorts of adjustables dude, thick as **** eh? Yep!... Im guessing the one I need is 200mm...

;)

Alright boys,

Ive got the boots, gloves etc. every tool ive got I have already used extensively, I dont like standing about. But I know exactly what you are saying I always say 'all the gear, no idea'... But, I am determined and so eager to learn and the lads who I work with are great and giving me little jobs to do once they have all their gear.

Thanks for the advice, as I say I really want to do this and I take all your comments on board!

Kev.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Uh, there are all sorts of adjustables dude, thick as **** eh? Yep!... Im guessing the one I need is 200mm...

;)

f ucking dude get fu cked youngun

Hi and Welcome To The Scaffolders Forum!

Best Regards

SF Admin

after sufferin a broken wrist i changed to using a ratchet , get the piss ripped at times but to me it seems so much easier, only use a spanner if i must , lookin for somebody to invest in my electric ratchet idea , maybe dragons den, lol

Top Bottom