Part 1 no experience! (1 Viewer)

wass,midge is my mate we"ve worked long time in the scaffolding industy,and both midge and jason have given you good advise,dont know if jason is advanced but me and midge are,and its hard enough for us,let alone you my friend,jason right again,all the useless scaf wannabes coming in from abroad,******* our game up and money,cos most the ones i"ve come across and worked with cant even scaffold,there just taking a good scaffolders job from good english scaffolder,do yourself a favour,stay where and in the position you are if your supervising

Too late I've already paid for the course, put a fortnights holiday in lol

Hope it works out for you fella but unless you have a job or some good contacts you will probably find that having your part 1 will mean nothing + I can't see many gaffers wanting to pay you a part 1 rate while you learn how to labour. As a part 1 you WiLL! be expected to know what the boys need & why + you will also be expected to do your bit with the spanners at times also.
You need to be very careful with this one mate as your name could end up as Shiite & bad names travel far & wide in this game. The only thing worse than a useless labourer is a useless part 1. ;)

F.uck me... doom and gloom merchants, blokes trying to better himself, WTF you worried about ? how many of u lot mumping filled your own portfolios in ???

just spent ages typing a reply only to be logger outta the site and lose the lot :-(
gotta redo it

Hello Mate,
I have been thinking of trying to pay to put myself through part 1.I Have a few months labouring experience myself and really enjoyed the craik with the lads on the firm i was with.The management were not so good so i walked and am hoping for the building industry to pick up a little so there might be some more work out there.I think at the moment though i am going to hang onto what money i have and see if things pick up.
Good Luck Mate

there has been a lot of good advise given - as a boss if you'd been closer to me i'd take you on tomoro- as paying for your own ticket as shown initiative and potentially good character and a hard worker,not being put off by the negative doom and gloom merchants. and its good that you have a job lined up - its a shame you didnt read my earlier thread as there are grants and funding to help you pay for it.
part1 is the first stepping stone and to be honest is very easy,with a lot of common sense involved & if you struggle then your new path is the wrong one for you, as for experiance 6 months post course will fly by and make you an assest to any company as you'll legally be able to work on structures that you would not be able to as a labourer,
years ago before the new scheme was introduced this is how the assessed route worked and most bosses would apply for a trainnee card for their labourers as a way of dangling the carrot,and then let them learn as they earn - I'd also like to think that even jason with his willy wonker ticket would rather work with the likes of you wishing to better himself than some foreign chancer.reading the other posts it seems work up north is getting sparse,if you have to no work you can always move to where there is some,but you'll need a ticket to get a job.
you say that your mates have never looked back, but its only fair to warn you that they wont have told you the bad bits.
your're goona be too wet & cold in the winter -too hot & dusty in the summer,hurt yourself to some degree every day,be over worked underpayed and undervalued, and as a trainnee have the piss taken outta you on a daily basis, and sometimes when you really dont expect it have your wages docked for some silly reason - but if your prepared for all of this and still willing i'd like to wish you the best of luck,
my spanner has been turning for nearly 30 years,and through both recessions, i've never been outta work,-the job has put a roof over my head and food on my kids table.

I FULLY BELEIVE THAT BOTH OUR INDUSTRY AND PAY IS GONNA GET BETTER ITS JUST A SHAME ITS GONNA GET WORSE BEFOR IT DOES,BUT IF I DINDT BELIEVE THIS I'D HANG UP MY SPANNERS TOMORRO

Last edited:
there has been a lot of good advise given - as a boss if you'd been closer to me i'd take you on tomoro- as paying for your own ticket as shown initiative and potentially good character and a hard worker,not being put off by the negative doom and gloom merchants. and its good that you have a job lined up - its a shame you didnt read my earlier thread as there are grants and funding to help you pay for it.
part1 is the first stepping stone and to be honest is very easy,with a lot of common sense involved & if you struggle then your new path is the wrong one for you, as for experiance 6 months post course will fly by and make you an assest to any company as you'll legally be able to work on structures that you would not be able to as a labourer,
years ago before the new scheme was introduced this is how the assessed route worked and most bosses would apply for a trainnee card for their labourers as a way of dangling the carrot,and then let them learn as they earn - I'd also like to think that even jason with his willy wonker ticket would rather work with the likes of you wishing to better himself than some foreign chancer.reading the other posts it seems work up north is getting sparse,if you have to no work you can always move to where there is some,but you'll need a ticket to get a job.
you say that your mates have never looked back, but its only fair to warn you that they wont have told you the bad bits.
your're goona be too wet & cold in the winter -too hot & dusty in the summer,hurt yourself to some degree every day,be over worked underpayed and undervalued, and as a trainnee have the piss taken outta you on a daily basis, and sometimes when you really dont expect it have your wages docked for some silly reason - but if your prepared for all of this and still willing i'd like to wish you the best of luck,
my spanner has been turning for nearly 30 years,and through both recessions, i've never been outta work,-the job has put a roof over my head and food on my kids table.

I FULLY BELEIVE THAT BOTH OUR INDUSTRY AND PAY IS GONNA GET BETTER ITS JUST A SHAME ITS GONNA GET WORSE BEFOR IT DOES,BUT IF I DINDT BELIEVE THIS I'D HANG UP MY SPANNERS TOMORRO

Cheers mate for the advice, working in bad weather is nothing new to me lol

F.uck me... doom and gloom merchants, blokes trying to better himself, WTF you worried about ? how many of u lot mumping filled your own portfolios in ???

Ive done about 13, lol.

Did all mine and helped my Brother do all his and was a WBR (Work Based Recorder) for 7 other Scaffolders who all got their Part 2's with my help, lol.

But im special (needs) :D

Ive done about 13, lol.

Did all mine and helped my Brother do all his and was a WBR (Work Based Recorder) for 7 other Scaffolders who all got their Part 2's with my help, lol.

But im special (needs) :D

:cool:

you should have to do at least 1 year labouring first i hate it when people think they can just come in to this game and do it :mad::mad::mad:

i might not know jack about u kidda but i do know alot about scaffolding and i dont think its right they let people do this pay your money pass the test load of cr@p:mad::mad::mad:

Not everyone is as fortunate as you to just get a job starting labouring. Like any job there's blokes whos been in the game years and are useless, if your dedicated I can't see the problem

Top Bottom