Part 1 no experience!

Yes I will definitely have a read on the terms everything will help, Im fine for heights so far in life :) done a little absialing and although that initial lean back makes your starfish nip i managed fine :D (not to say this game is about hanging of rope swinging from viaducts :p) I guess it wouldn't hurt to have it already but I wouldn't like to get a start labouring and people thinking I'm full of myself! Like I say I firmly believe I just need that chance.

Can i persuade you to stay in your 'decent job'?

Scaffolding aint fun atm mate. Not with the constant squeezing from the HSE and their silly bullshiit rules and with the amount of cheap Foreign Labour coming in to the game, ruining it for youngsters coming though.

Its tough Scaffolding in this day and age.

If your a gluten for punishment you could always get Married?
It might be less stressful and less painful in the long run, lol.
quite rightly so as well i myself have bin labouring for 5 years now, unofficially on the tools the last two years, but fed up seeing some clown with a bit o money behind him, walking onto site and working downrightly dangerously above me! and im the one thats being told by over excited site agents i shouldnt be on the tools!

even though the agents quite within his rights to do that, it fekcin grinds my gears, when me and the boys i work with on a daily basis, are put at risk because "he's got the ticket" my turn in october though! cant wait, reckon ive got a good grasp on most things, but theres always someone with a wee pearl of wisdom! youll never know everything!!

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Why are you going for your Part 1 with NO experience at all???
Surely you need to spend some time Labouring to get a grasp of the job?

And before you say that you have Laboured on site before... ---> Scaffolding Labouring, is far far more 'complex' then just sweeping up and picking up the odd fitting.

You need to learn exactly how a job goes up and what fittings a Scaffolder needs and why they are using that type of fitting, in that particular place, as well as tying tubes off on a Ginny Wheel and loading a Lorry correctly, blah blah blah.

Where i think that its good that your keen to get qualified in Scaffolding and you have shown initiative, you do need to start off at the bottom and start properly Scaffolding Labouring for about 2-3 years before you even think about doing your Part 1.

If you think that by getting your Part 1 you can turn up on site and start fixing, your not only going to be found out VERY quickly, you could also be putting people lives in danger. If you put up a bad job and others work on it and it collapses, they could be very seriously injured or even die.

My advice?
Save your Part 1 money, get a good pair of boots and a nice few pairs of gloves and get a job Scaffolding Labouring and in a few years, you should be properly ready for your Part 1.
quite rightly so as well i myself have bin labouring for 5 years now, unofficially on the tools the last two years, but fed up seeing some clown with a bit o money behind him, walking onto site and working downrightly dangerously above me! and im the one thats being told by over excited site agents i shouldnt be on the tools!

even though the agents quite within his rights to do that, it fekcin grinds my gears, when me and the boys i work with on a daily basis, are put at risk because "he's got the ticket" my turn in october though! cant wait, reckon ive got a good grasp on most things, but theres always someone with a wee pearl of wisdom! youll never know everything!!

when you get a utr number (2-13 weeks time) you can claim back for your part 1

i myself have just paid fir part 1 after 5 year labouring! am on the books with a firm just now, but when i come back from college in october, if i go self employed does that mean i can claim my part 1 cash back?:idea: i already have a UTR number from a previous job:amuse:

If you pay for the course yourself you can claim the money back whether your self employed or on the books. See somebody like better tax, they'll be able to help you out.

It's hard to get work with part 1 ticket mate.

is it??????!?? really? it aint even hard to get a start as a lab let alone with tickets? where do u guys live? falkland islands!!?? makes me think if people even bother picking up the phone befor saying its hard to get work

Top Bottom