day protest (1 Viewer)

zeus

Reaction score
2 day protest for no wage rise in all blue book sites. I know its a bad time of the year but sometimes youve got to loose money to gain money :d

Since I have only worked on the streets and sites, what exactly is the blue book thing all about. I have heard about it. Off topic a little but just curious...

Put very simply which is what I do best, is an agreed rate of pay and terms and conditions used for most of the bigger industrial jobs. There are other's like pink book jobs which is slightly less. Google them and there will be a full explanation there.

the blue book is the NAECI AGREEMENT which as AOM rightly stated is the agreement for most refineries and power stations it covers everything from rates of pay,travel money and digg allowance.
the agreement is constantly under threat by the big players who want rid before the new nuclear power stations builds really get under way,they also tried to bring in foreign labour but the strikes that started at L.O.R. and Staythorpe and then went nationwide on the NAECI sites put an end to that.

You want to be thankful you have a job in theses days....
I am not the one for striking, The 70's and 80's where bad enough....

In that weather..better wear your long johns or wait until summer..:p

I hope you get what your fighting for, otherwise your gonna get cold, wet and fed up for nothing, lol.

To be honest it's a bad time most companies are starting to slow the work down there are no shutdowns on the go that I know of. I will fully support when time comes but fell this one should be a little bit bet planned.

When is the blue book up for renewal ? It's not till 2013 If I remember rite but don't quote me on that one

cannot believe so e of the "ill not be put,its too cold for pickets" ******* shocking we are all out at grangemouth we all agreed to do full week instead of 1 day ******* hit these ***** were they are hitting us in pocket come on scaffs get behind it get the rates up ,blue book now shittest rates going FACT !!! we are all behind the strikes #gofortheweek

Top Bottom