Job adverts (1 Viewer)

cala

Reaction score
All scaffolding jobs under £12 p/hour should be banned from the forum.. who agrees ??

It would keep the ********* off....

Scaffolders SHOULD be on £1000 a week as a Minimum for 6 days anyway, tbh.
We bust our balls and destroy our bodies on a daily basis to make sure that other trades like Bricklayers and Roofers (who earns as much as we do) can work.

Not too mention risk OUR lives.

No Scaffolding = No Construction Industry.
No Scaffolding = No Industrial Work.
No Scaffolding = No Engineering Projects.

£12 an hour?
We should be paid £20 an hour at the very least.

i Dont agree with you there cala , some lads might be glad of £10 an hour if they are not in work and have a family to feed and it keeps food on the table until something better comes along

i agree with philliomax and greame a 10 ph job is always better than sitting about on the burroo being idle any money coming in is better than none atall esp with santa round the corner. we will always want more that what we are on.. human nature

fair comment regarding needing the money.... but if people will work for low wages, people will keep offering them and the money will stay crap...

Is £6.25 an hour better than nothing ??

the price aint the point Cala , no one has to take the job if they dont want to ,but all iam saying is someone might want to take it ,

i personally would if i had to work for £10 an hour , and worked for a lot less in the 80 recession

£10 per hour is too much for some of the chancers out there just now.

i suggest we pay what people are worth regardless of how much that upsets people.
no sense having a £16 per hour rate if you have a ball bag doing the job who aint worth £7 an hour.

i Dont agree with you there cala , some lads might be glad of £10 an hour if they are not in work and have a family to feed and it keeps food on the table until something better comes along

I understand what your saying phillo, with lads out of work and have familys, but how far can we go. Every night we come on hear there is uproar over these agencys with the money they are paying as for my own opinion they are the ones who are dragging this game down to lowest. It wont be long before scaffold companys will be offering the same wages.

The rates have never really gone back up since the 80s recession we went down from £12
a square to £6 on price , and all a man could do was suffer it or get out the game .

I fully agree that the rates for a hard game like ours should be around the £20 an hour mark
i never worked for an agency so i cant comment on them , but i have worked for some right horrible companys in my time and been knocked more times then i can remember and its hard to keep going when there is nothing else around and you either tell them to stick it or you suffer it to put some food on the table.

Work is work. I'd work locally for £10ph if I had too but wouldn't consider travelling for it. As has been mentioned we aren't forced to take these jobs but I'd rather be working than not + you can grab the overtime if it's offered. :p

Last edited:
Yeah!! and when they tell you too stick a brush up your ass and clean the floor up at the same time as your putting your wee job up in the pissing rain,working off of wet steel and taking all the shiteee they give you and you don't want to say much just in case you lose your prime job at £10.00ph. C'mon what's this industry coming too. I get the bit about keeping the wolf from the door and all that, been there too over the years ....but I do agree with Cala and Jason here and their valid points....we got to draw the line somewhere.....What do YOU think your worth??

I know I'm WORTH a damn site more than £10 ph mate & I'm getting more than that, BUT when times have been hard I've never seen a queue of people outside our house offering to pay the mortgage.

Top Bottom