stair treads (2 Viewers)

Collo

Reaction score
Gents

Does anybody know how many stair treads in a row you can fit before you need to provide a platform?

I assume its the max lift height.....just like any permenant staircase.
I have a great way of doing stairs without treads and thousands of transoms ;)

Runs Normally 3.0 Metres
Stringers Ideally 45 Degrees
Treads Minimum Depth 225mm
Rise Maximum 175mm

Picture5.png

Rise Between Treads 175mm

Picture2.png

Isnt it something like 5m as the Maximum length of a ladder, before a rest area/platform needs to be added?

Wouldn't Staircases be the same?
5m, then a break, then another 5m and so on?

I usually do 1 lift, then a return and another lift, like Ians diagram.

Thanks Gents

But i'm talking of a staircase external to a scaffold at 90 degrees to it, rising upto a platform around 4m high.

The ladder rest point is 9m, you should always get a design for staircases....I do :/ honest...

We normally put 9 treads in a 2m lift then a platform the same as Ian's

Attachments

• staircase.jpg
    staircase.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Gents

Does anybody know how many stair treads in a row you can fit before you need to provide a platform?

16 Risers which is 15 treads, two straight flights before a 90deg change in direction is a requirement.

16 for straight stairs send me a fax number and i will fax you the sheet bs5395 cheers john

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Gents

16 rises in a row

after doing a few in a row i find it easier just having doing everything at 45d what ever you lifts are going to be bolt to bolt make the distance between center to center of the tranny. ledger of stair case the same, and if possable make themw alk up 1 light then across scaff and then up again less stairs to place in and at 45d center to center of doubble i make 310mm but on the lift hight i mesure form bottom ledger to top ledger on stair case and / by 310 give you the anount of stair treads if this all make sence to you lol

Top Bottom