nvq do i have to do it! (1 Viewer)

mrcgp

Reaction score
As i got my part one pre 01 September 1996 if i ever get off my arse to get my advanced ticket will i need to do the nvq...

erith says no!

others say yes!

bircham are full of crap as they were not even going to give me my part 2 without my nvq till erith rang them and had to explain to bircham in small words what the rules were about pre 01 September 1996 card holders!!

what do we know?!

Did my part 1&2 pre 1996 did advanced last year & had to do NVQ L 3...there are no exemtions...........................................................................................

I think I was similar but to keep things simple they made me and another bloke do our assessment for part 2 after the first week of the advanced training. I'm not sure of the exact rules but I think it was a solution they used and I was quite happy as it didn't cost me anything. I did my part 1 in the mid 80's and part 2 in the early 90's.

At present, there are over 27,000 scaffolders registered with CISRS. CISRS issues record cards to operatives who have satisfactorily completed the required training, gained appropriate experience, achieved the relevant NVQ/SVQ and passed the industry recognised Construction Skills (CSkills) Health and Safety test.

I know the above is how they like it, they might well help you transfer over the same way they did with me but that was years ago and I think it was all just getting changed about when I was there. However you achieve it I think you will need your nvq and your touch screen to get your card but as ever I could be wrong I usually switch off a wee bit when they start talking about cards as it seems to get more complicated every week. Maybe try PM Simian, they will tell you for sure.

cheers aom i did a touch screen years ago but don't need to re-new as it is covered in my offshore ticket must have been 9-10 years ago i did that.

Yeah there is a couple of courses that cover it, the smsts being another.

you are only exempt from H&S touch screen test if your Bosiet, Nebosh Construction & safety passport are not over 2 years old, you will definately have to do a nvq 3 and 2 day assessment to get a gold card, money spinner and ball ache but a necessity.

No NVQ 3 ..... NO CARD MATE, ITS EASY ENOUGH THOUGH..

Top Bottom