Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: tacho excemption

Thanks

get rid of them disc and get the card much easier

Thanks
    Thanked 5,871 Times in 4,178 Posts

A lot easier to find your faults you mean. I have one for a hired motor we were using for a bit and it was a nightmare, no hiding place from that.

Thanks

if you dont use tackos you need a log book from the road haualge assosiation ,it asks for reg no start time finish time and time spent driveing . if you use tacko you have to remember to keep switching the dials for drive breaks working i nearly got done for not switching from one setting to another

Thanks

Surely it's easier just to put one in?? If you can't prove how many hours you've driven, VOSA can hold you till you've proven your hours or you get forced to take an 8 hour break so their happy you've rested enough, a bit extreme I know but that's just one of the events one of our scaffs had done to them. All because peeps can't be arsed to fill in a few lines on a tacho! : )

Thanks

tacko defo helps keep watch on your work force.i went on a course last year i was told by road traffice assosiaton that if you drive less than four hours a day and scaffolding is your main job and dont go futher than 50k as the crow flies you need nothing,but if you get stopped how do you prove it so its best to keep a record of some sort

Thanks

You can prove it by only getting caught no more than 50 K from your registered operating center, only good for 7.5 tonners though.

Thanks

aom i mean how do you prove you do less than 4 hours a day driving whitch is surpost to exclude you from any paper work. if you havent got any tacko or log book you cant prove it ,but the man from road hauladge assosiation told us that was the rules if your main job is scaffolding he kept phoneing vosa to find out.that was under domestic rules i belive

Thanks

Dont get me started on digi tachos
    If you want to succeed

You must never give up

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gary wheaton View Post
    aom i mean how do you prove you do less than 4 hours a day driving whitch is surpost to exclude you from any paper work. if you havent got any tacko or log book you cant prove it ,but the man from road hauladge assosiation told us that was the rules if your main job is scaffolding he kept phoneing vosa to find out.that was under domestic rules i belive
    To be honest Gary we just fill in the tacho. The rules do allow for certain exemptions but even the boy's in blue don't know them and nailed me at the roadside for ages even called for back up to charge me until I remembered the wee bibles you can buy from the RHA or the FTA telling you exactly what you can and cannot do.

Why are you so keen to avoid the tacho's?

Thanks

i got stopped a few months ago nearly nicked for not altering dials on tacko ie work rest drive ect ,while you are rushing about you just keep fogetting .he advised me to keep a official log book which i got from one of the assosiations you quoted above.they are easy.but you cant keep track on staff if you need too

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast