Staggering Ledgers

sorry i cant beleive there is a debate about this,on a boarded lift this is weree the loads are applied if the same laod was applied all the way up it wouldnt be up long

Good evening Alan

Quite correct 1/3 rd being the Maximum recommended length, however, hard task Masters and Overseer's during my SGB days has indoctrinated me with the Maximum tolerance of the tube available---However, the optimum yield cannot always be achieved thus 1/3 being acceptable.

I must say that I enjoyed our meeting at your office and thanks for the tea and biscuits---I liked your set up ( keep it simple and plenty of tonnes ) and your yard was spot on ( one like's to see an empty yard Eh ;) )

I am still in Aberdeen at the moment, however, I'll pop round to Al Quaz with the chocolate digestives on my return to Dubai.

Best regards

Garry...

Always like to keep a tidy yard but the best way to do that is to put the gear out on site.

Aways welcome to come here Gary but bring your own bloody bickies!!
Regards
Alan

staggered ledgers

I have always kept the ledger sleeves in the same bay all the way up but made sure the hand rail sleeves where in a different bay so there was at least one solid tube through the sleeved bays. Never had any troubles and always been the way the boys have worked around me. Been told that a lot of sites are now wanting ledgers and handrails sleeved so they are all in seperate bays??

Just got an email from safety ****, saying scaffold did not comply as ledgers had a joint opposit each other which is not allowed! This was also a 6m job between two walls butting each end. What is the ledger staggering rule ?

Just got an email from safety ****, saying scaffold did not comply as ledgers had a joint opposit each other which is not allowed! This was also a 6m job between two walls butting each end. What is the ledger staggering rule ?

If you have to ask you should'nt be doing the job.

I always got told the golden rule 'don't give um anything to look at twice!'

Just do it right, if you cant get it so they cant find anything, do everything you can to show its not possible to do anymore.

If they see 90% is right and you have done everything possible with the other bits theyre usually happy!

been pulld myself on a few occasions, pain in the a r s e at first but soon get your head round it. so much easier when front and back ledger have the joint in the same bay

Always staggered lift to lift,but last 3 years have had to stagger inside and outer ledgers as well,fecin overkill if you ask me unless at extreme heights.
Guess them in offices always know best.:confused:

I usually stagger front to rear after the base lift (i just find it easier) but always stagger the ledgers on lifts.

cant remember but is it max of 3 joins in on bay? 2 standard + ledger

6mtr's butting up against end walls,what difference if ledgers r staggered.

my hands were never oot my pockets when in the pub with my mentors a custom that sadly seems to have died a death or at least wi all the wee baw bags that i have tryed to educate:mad
but then again going by the last post maybe i shouldnt bother:

So true when I was labouring it was always labourers round in the pub after work

Top Bottom