Are There Any Canadian Scaffolders Out There? (1 Viewer)

SF Admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Are There Any Canadian Scaffolders Out There?

Local 18 carpenter here, out of Hamilton Ontario.
Employed at Imperial Oil on maintenance contract for Jacobs.
Mostly scaffold work.

Hi and Welcome To The Scaffolders Forum!

Best Regards

SF Admin

local 1386 saint john new brunswick here working for jacobs at the irving refinery

local 1256

Hi just joined today, I'm from Sarnia Ontario.I do scaffold in all the plants in Sarnia

in which area of canada is the majority of scaffolding work? or any long term work that you know of? cheers kieran

Most work will be in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan though the bigger money seems to be Alberta as the big scaffold companies seem to give out bonuses to work there. I think spring will be the time to look into it if you are thinking of coming over.

thanks for the info mate it will probably be about spring time once my visa and everything is sorted, i could of started in january on a pulp mill in alberta but unfortunatley my visa process is going to take a little longer than expected cheers kiera

I used to live around sarnia but now in bc but scaffold in northern Alberta

I was working in BC for CMAW 1995 before xmas but might go back to Alberta when i do eventually decide to go. I was hoping to work 3 weeks on and 1 off but would rather 6 on 2 off, does the Alberta unions allow this.

I haven't heard of a shift of 6 weeks on 2 off. I have heard of 20 days on 8 off, 2 weeks on 2 off and 2 on 1 off but haven't heard of 6 on 2 off. Labor laws prevent anyone from working more than 24 days in a row without OH&S's permission(under extreme circumastances as they say)

Im interested in goin to work in canada but am struggling with where to start, can anyone give me some ideas of where to look and who to speak to please?

local 1325 edmonton here

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

im here local 1325 edmonton alberta

Top Bottom