Place to book my part 1?

Reaction score
Hi guys been a labourer for about a year now and decided to get my ass in gear and get my part 1 only problem is i have no idea were to book it /weres best.

i live in bristol atm and been looking online to no sucess anyone got any places/numbers for me to ring to get some more info ?

Why does the gaffer not send you for your tickets?

Do gaffers still register the young team for tickets or is it just me?

due to hard times hes laying some of us off in the next few weeks cant afford the wages etc

so i thought if i get it done outa my own pocket it will improve my chances of gettin a start.

If there are hard times in your area my advise is always the same, keep the cash as part 1 makes very little difference to your employability. All area's are different but get a job with a descent firm with a gaffer who will invest in training. In all honesty I can't believe it's so tough to get training in this day and age.

due to hard times hes laying some of us off in the next few weeks cant afford the wages etc

so i thought if i get it done outa my own pocket it will improve my chances of gettin a start.

If you are deadly serious ring Simian on 08456022418 we have a centre in Warrington North West and East London.

What do you reckon Simian, why are we seeing such a steady stream of the young team on here looking to pay for their own training? I don't believe for a minute the down turn has anything to do with it the way the funding is set up it costs very little but time and effort to get these boy's trained up.

What do you reckon Simian, why are we seeing such a steady stream of the young team on here looking to pay for their own training? I don't believe for a minute the down turn has anything to do with it the way the funding is set up it costs very little but time and effort to get these boy's trained up.

THe downturn has put a full block on private training by companies, skeleton staff means if other people are on courses they have no back up. In the 80's i paid for my own part one because the situation was similar to now in a recession.

I did the same, the only training I ever received at no cost to me was my part 1 which was done to appease an hse inspector and an offshore refresher other than that I had to pay for everything else which is why I get exasperated at the sheer number of young boy's who cant get a job with a firm willing to invest in cultivating a bit of loyalty amongst a well trained workforce. Times are tough all over and admittedly numbers being trained will inevitably fall but failing to invest in training is short sighted at best and will come back to haunt us later down the line. My advise is and always will be keep your hand on your wallet and find a sponsor.

Call CITB direct lad on 01485 577793, they are a little cheaper than Simian. Sorry Simian but they came in at £945 for my Advanced and one of your lot told me it was £1018 over the phone. Booked it last week for 5 Dec although it's still unpaid as yet.

I dont argee with waiting for someone else to pay for your ticket.
Pay for it yourself and you dont owe no one anything and you can come and go as you please.

I had my Part 1 paid for, when i was a kid and that was it.
All my other tickets i had to pay for myself, as companies simply wont fork out the money to train people anymore, unless your a relation/'friend of a friend' to the gaffer or an arse licker.

So i had to save and it cost me several thousand pounds to get my other tickets, that i now have.
It was worth it, as if i didnt do them myself, id be out of work now and struggling to get anything.

Fair enough Jason, agree to disagree but it bugs the life out of me when firms won't train their men proffering to wait until you get desperate enough to pay for it yourself. Also, how do you get the experience to complete your portfolio?

VLLB,

I would consider paying the few extra quid, loose lips sink ships but if your going to part with cash you would be better making sure you are getting value for money.

I have absolutely no idea how Simian perform as unfortunately we don't really have a choice north of the border, what I can tell you is I would have a close look at any other avenue should one ever arise.

I had to complete my own Portfolio, using pictures that i collated over the years.
My Part 2 Portfolio took me over 2 years as NO ONE who i asked for help could be bothered to spend even a few minutes to flick through it and give me any pointers... I ended up having to do it myself.

Its not fair to pay for courses yourself, but firms simply cannot be bothered to give you any kind of help.
They wanna take - take - take all the time.

I have all the help I could possibly get with regards to my portfolio from the safety team at trad, shame I can't get help with the 945 though aaaaaargh lol

Call CITB direct lad on 01485 577793, they are a little cheaper than Simian. Sorry Simian but they came in at £945 for my Advanced and one of your lot told me it was £1018 over the phone. Booked it last week for 5 Dec although it's still unpaid as yet.

Was that with vat on?

Cheaper aint always the better option.
If (im just guessing here, ive not used Simian before) Simian offer a better service, is it not worth the extra £73?

Top Bottom