The NASC have turned their back on the SCCR. (1 Viewer)

Do we need a Scaffolders Union to work along side the SCCR?

• Yes, we do.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, we dont.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Unsure that it would work...

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

Jason-Gibbs

Just having a quick read of the SCCR homepage, as i do most mornings and i saw the headline: The NASC have turned their back on the SCCR.

And i thought to myself...
"Why am i not surprised!?"

The NASC is run and organised by the owners/bosses of the biggest and most 'influential' Scaffolding firms in the UK.

The Millionaires. The Fat-Cats of this trade. The very SAME people who regulate and control what we earn - which is f.ucking crap, whilst doing all they can to both push each and everyone of us to bust our balls as much as possible, when at the same time bull-shiit the HSE into thinking that our Safety is the priority and that money aint important.

These same people are going to mix with us so-called riff-raff?
They dont give a flying f.uck about any of us... all we are is an expense.
If they could make us work for £1 an hour or less, they would and they would have a smile on their faces, whilst doing so.

I respect Stewart and Andy more then i can say, but i do feel that trying to contact and work with the NASC, they are pissing in the wind.

Maybe time has come for all of us Scaffolders to have our own dedicated Union. Something that will make the NASC stand up and take notice and give them something to worry about?

What does everyone else think?
Would it work? Is the time right?

The sccr is not a union.
we are genuine lads who have worked on the tools and some still are. It was set up to work along with nasc and provide other forms of positive or negative feedback on certain issues which a man in a suit who has never directly been on the tools, just wouldnt have a clue about.
There are still flaws in most of the guidance. The only way to make this industry better is communication. Which is a shame as nasc promote communication within your workforce. As you can see do they really actually practice it.

we ain't gonna get anywhere, wether SCCR or NASC until we get out of the european union, this is dictating everything we do from health and safety, to how we run our businesses, and everything else that brussels wants our weak willed governments to knuckle down to and pass on to the common man. Let's hope we get a referendum and the majority vote is to get out. Only then wlll the NASC start listening to a bit of practical common sense from the man on the ground.I don't agree with all the NASC says,some of it yes,bat all of it no, there are some silly and impractical ideas that we have to adhere to, yet have to be in it to get work, as it's all based round being in the boy's clubs before you work for the nationals.We managed to keep our company out of it for the first 20 yrs of business,until the nationals all joined their own club and all of a sudden we could not work for them unless we joined the NASC.I could rant on for ages, but really think that I am pissing in the wind, things will not change unless we vote to get out of the biggest and most corrupt organisation that is making fools of us all and we have no option than to take it.What chance have we reforming the scaffolding/building industry when the government say they haven't even the power to take a billion pound train contract back of a german company to give it to our own people.The EU said it would break trade rules.
Lets concentrate on getting out of the EU first!

vote eukip! its their main aim. theyve got my vote!

opting out of europe will leave this already small island even smaller i think,its now a mechanism were ALL tied into wether we like it or not it would spell meltdown to pull out.ps this just my personal view.

they may have turned there backs but bet they have a good olde nose at the forum threads

its the same with the scottish government , going for idependance, i dont think it will work. we cant manage a trams project for edinburgh, nevermind a whole country

opting out of europe will leave this already small island even smaller i think,its now a mechanism were ALL tied into wether we like it or not it would spell meltdown to pull out.ps this just my personal view.
fair comment, but we used to be a big island once without the help from europe.I hear lads on here talking about foreign workers taking our jobs,that's down to europe making the border rules, and we cop more than most it seems,and that drives down wages.We want some common sense in the way we work, but again europe are coming up with the rules.Our businesses want more freedom and are bogged down with paperwork which we have to conform to from brussels, so this means we have to employ more staff to cope with it.We are dictated by too many things from the EU and it is costing the country billions that we should be spending on our own country instead of bailing out other countries.We have very little manufacturing left, we're a nation of shopkeepers.If we had more manufacturing we would be employing more people,and that would lead to more houses and factories being built, which in turn would lead to a lot more construction work. The EU have yet to have a set of accounts signed off.How can they tell us how to run our country when they can't get their own finances to balance.It's all a bit of a con to me. And don't be fooled by the statement we will lose our trade agreement with europe,if they want to sell goods to us, they aren't going to refuse our money, and as for what we sell to Europe, if they want whats left of our manufacturing, then they will buy it.Wer'e best out of it and lets get our independence back and become Great Britain as we once were .
only my opinion mind

Ya mate.
Id say your right there Gen, lol.

All under alias ofcourse...

daffy the days of the great in britain are over 3rd world countries or what we percive to be 3rd world have and are superceeding us mate,i would agree with you that the people should have a referrendum on europe.if the tories dont pull out no one will as they are the most euro sceptic party of the lot and i dont think they will either give us a referrendum or pull out,labour and lib dems are all for it so it looks until we the people have the chance to vote on it we are lumbered with it and by that time we cant pull out as we will have lost all our soveringty.

Maybe if more people got themselves into gear and bothered signing up to the SCCR we would in time have a voice at minimum equal to the NASC.

Link is below

your all right in 1 way or another the nasc are out for themselves all the big boys trying to carve the industry up for themselves under our health and safety charter thats a joke alll they do is put countless crap in front of you to make your job harder not necesserily safer ok you dont go out in the morning and not expect to come home but enough is enough there must be something we can do as a trade ? to stop this needless involvment in our trade ? does this happen to other trades ? i dont think so

now we have the independence what are you thoughts now on the future,

Iv been 46 years before the Mast, worked pre and post HaSaWA and seen the evolutionary changes to our Industry, perhaps, it is time for our Industry to look to the future…if the wine is sower through it out…however, we require a viable and workable change if change be the will of the Scaffolders with all parties concerned entering joint consultation...

Top Bottom