Blackfriars (1 Viewer)

brianmilligan

Reaction score
3 of us could be moving down to work on the Blackfriars Bridge shortly, for a few weeks/months.
Would any one know of any accommodation in the area?

Even a decent hostel would be enough until we get a chance to find our feet.

Thanks in advance.

3 of us could be moving down to work on the Blackfriars Bridge shortly, for a few weeks/months.
Would any one know of any accommodation in the area?

Even a decent hostel would be enough until we get a chance to find our feet.

Thanks in advance.

the good intent, elephant & castle:laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Hello Bri when you starting I had start for Thursday but got a good job at home but have mates on there and they are traveling from kingscross it's only about 20 mins on the bus

the good intent, elephant & castle:laugh::laugh:

what a place man loved it full of loon's ! ash trays out shoplifter pinching to order all of the pyeroy lads where geting the christmas presents pinched then haggling with the local crack head's about the price ! the land lord at the time paddy was off his ******* tree . u know when its a good bar when the land lord sit's and drinks the local sheep dip with you !

Hello Bri when you starting I had start for Thursday but got a good job at home but have mates on there and they are traveling from kingscross it's only about 20 mins on the bus
We'll be finishing at Rosyth this week.

The gaffer's making inquiries about other sites and this one was mentioned.

May not happen.

Stay well clear of blackfriars bridge job, I was on therefor a while,
Fecking load of sh1t,
it's the worse job in London by far,
stay where you are,
I promise you will regret starting on there.
Ask Jason gibbs or Essex if you want more proof.

Fecking load of sh1t,
stay where you are,

How you get home so quick???
I just bought a load of shiit from ASDA's - scoffed aload of Mini Scotch Eggs, lol.

Anyway.
Back to topic.

Blackfriars aint a bad job, but there are better ones out there.
Days is crap, like proper, proper shiit.
Nights is better...

Good blokes on nights there like: Paul McVey, Darren Underwood, Tom Gale, Kevin Hattersley to name a few. :)

A couple of the Balfour Beatty Foremen are total c.unts also.

Fecking load of sh1t,
stay where you are,

How you get home so quick???
I just bought a load of shiit from ASDA's - scoffed aload of Mini Scotch Eggs, lol.

Anyway.
Back to topic.

Blackfriars aint a bad job, but there are better ones out there.
Days is crap, like proper, proper shiit.
Nights is better...

Good blokes on nights there like: Paul McVey, Darren Underwood, Tom Gale, Kevin Hattersley to name a few. :)

A couple of the Balfour Beatty Foremen are total c.unts also.

Agree with both posts, its a sh1t job, but there are some good lads on there, also some driftwood also, money is crap also £19.71 a hour (Nights) and the health and safety is over the top, you walk through the turnstille without glasses or gloves you will be getting a yellow card on the spot.

The only thing that makes this job bareable is there is 7 nights and 10 hours every night to make the money half sensible.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

We'll be finishing at Rosyth this week.

The gaffer's making inquiries about other sites and this one was mentioned.

May not happen.

Also is that for PYEROY they are the only company on here or is the agencys via Balfour Beatty.

Agree with both posts, its a sh1t job, but there are some good lads on there, also some driftwood also, money is crap also £19.71 a hour (Nights) and the health and safety is over the top, you walk through the turnstille without glasses or gloves you will be getting a yellow card on the spot.

The only thing that makes this job bareable is there is 7 nights and 10 hours every night to make the money half sensible.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Also is that for PYEROY they are the only company on here or is the agencys via Balfour Beatty.

Yeah its with pyeroy. works dried up, but the gaffers being decent.
should be 3 of us coming down. Do they pay digs and travel?

yeah its for pyeroy. works dried up at Rosyth, but the gaffers being sound, trying to move us other places.
Do you know if they pay digs and travel? how much?
Does everyone start on days, then move onto nights?

yeah its for pyeroy. works dried up at Rosyth, but the gaffers being sound, trying to move us other places.

Not sure mate.
I started straight off on nights myself, been on them for the last 9 months, lol.

I started on nights, i no the pyeroy scaffolders get £170 a shift 10 hours right through even weekends and get lodge, at over £200 a week, there is only 4 months i say maximum on this job, but good luck anyways.

The guy who puts the men at blackfriars for pyeroy is Mark Bouglus (Bougy)

I started on nights, i no the pyeroy scaffolders get £170 a shift 10 hours right through even weekends and get lodge, at over £200 a week, there is only 4 months i say maximum on this job, but good luck anyways.

The guy who puts the men at blackfriars for pyeroy is Mark Bouglus (Bougy)

Just heard there's 5 of us starting there on Monday.
I'd appreciate it if anyone can point us in the right direction re-digs.

you on the job the pyeroy scaffolders on nights i no are

Ivor
Mick Lamb
Gavin Young

they got digs in kings cross but there is digs everywhere, when you get down there and do your induction in the morning, you will be paid for the induction and have time to find digs, speak to some of the scaffolders on days and they will put you in the right direction

Total **** job.. been on there on and off for 6 or so months.. maybe more. Safety is so over the top, every little scaffold has to be done to a drawing... ah I do not wana talk any more about it...

not sure bud just heard about it yesterday, struggling to get the men from up here because no fukcer wants to work for bugey.
i also heard the other mob is getting kicked off????

a was on tower bridge about this time last year for him . good job , good lad's on it but money was a joke for what we were doing for him coz it had a big penalty clause's 150 a shift it was we got told 170 before we went and as soon as we got there BANG 150 ! couldent make a grand with dig's in so bye bye mark ! then he stuck it up is for me holliday pay ! so take note ! fork tounge !

Top Bottom