ban impact wrenches

drill guns make you loose a lot strengh in your spanner hand i noticed after a while,,, but they are quite quick and do save doing up every single fcuking fitting on a job....

i am currently using the makita hex impact socket which is 52mm long .. so much better than the usual long standard impact sockets on the market .. easier to get into tight spaces .. would really like ideally a bi-hex socket of same length though .. anyone know where i can get one ? or something of similar 52mm length .. no shorter though as wont fit bolt ...

I cut mine down with an angle grinder ..... was a lot easier than i thought it would be

" topscaff " , what brand of socket have you got that you cut the end off ,, the ones i have the teeth dont go deep enough down the socket to cut the end off and it be short enough to be any use ..

Thanks for the tip of the bigg lugg , gonna try it ,
Anyone tried the bigg lugg 2 with the bungee balls

" topscaff " , what brand of socket have you got that you cut the end off ,, the ones i have the teeth dont go deep enough down the socket to cut the end off and it be short enough to be any use ..

It`s either Franklin or Teng ... let you know for sure on Monday

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Thanks for the tip of the bigg lugg , gonna try it ,
Anyone tried the bigg lugg 2 with the bungee balls

That`s the one i use ..... best option by a country mile imo .

cheers topscaff when your looking to see what brand the socket is can you measure it too and tell me how short you have cut it down too .. cheers ..
i have scanned the whole internet now and rung many socket manufacturers and it seems the only available medium length (52mm)socket is made in hex to have a custom length one in bi-hex would cost £50 for one and cheaper on bulk ..
need someone in scaffolding sales to jump on the bandwagon ..

This is the kiddie ... it was in the van and not at the yard as i first thought

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Franklin-...&otn=2&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=6762789737483923140

Listing does not state if bi-hex or not so would ask seller first.

I cut it down to 60mm myser , 52mm just looks too short ... although , all the lads who have the Makita socket have had no problems as yet .... i might stick on some of the old SGB swivels on the next job just to wind them up , very much doubt the makita will manage them fookers :D

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

cheers topscaff when your looking to see what brand the socket is can you measure it too and tell me how short you have cut it down too .. cheers ..
i have scanned the whole internet now and rung many socket manufacturers and it seems the only available medium length (52mm)socket is made in hex to have a custom length one in bi-hex would cost £50 for one and cheaper on bulk ..
need someone in scaffolding sales to jump on the bandwagon ..

Maybe we should buy the sellers entire stock , chop `em down and flog `em on here for 4 x original cost :idea: no one will notice ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom