Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SCCR have you joined up yet

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 668 Posts

nae si Daftscaff---how the devil are you old chap---I rather think that I have ruffled a few feathers there, I simply could not afford to be associated with such amateurs---that was the 4 th time wi them and nothing has changed...

fae yer Paaal in the North...
    Your only as good as your last Job

Thanks

I have asked Stew to email me a copy of the app form and i will take it to the companys around the doors.
    Once i have the app form i will post my email address and anyone wanting one can email me and i will send it on.
    But we all work for differant companies and we need to give the forms out and even collect them back in and send them of ourselfs.
    If the lads stick together on this one every scaff at turns up on site sould hold a members card.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to andyf8686 For This Useful Post:

dico (17th September 2011), frederik (15th September 2011), Garry Adams (15th September 2011), poacher turned gamekeeper (15th September 2011)

Thanks

How many of you on here have Facebook accounts. Why not post a link to the SCCR or one of the threads on here, (as the SCCR website is very limited viewing until you sign up). The SCCR even has a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=141842755854339 but maintaining it takes time.

Twitter is another area to exploit. All these things take someone's time, but, SCCR could open a twitter account... just see it as another "place on the web to be and be seen".

Don't you have wives/ partners that could help out with posting and getting it alive? Just a thought.

And, certainly, you guys work with other scaffs all the time. Word of mouth is the most powerful form of advertising. Great idea, Andy, to have the application with you - get their money & sig there & then!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BetterTAX For This Useful Post:

frederik (16th September 2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 854 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by andyf8686 View Post
    Have you joined the SCCR yet ?

S.C.C.R. Mission Statement 2011

The S.C.C.R’s main mission is to represent the whole of the Scaffolding Industry. The main objective is to represent the working Scaffolder alongside the Employer. Too many divisions exist in the Industry at the moment.

We are going through a major change with the way we have to work & our representation is not as it should be.

Everyone deserves a voice, from small one man bands to major companies & from the hard working Scaffolder to the Design Company or Consumables Supplier.
    One from the roots!
    We aim to tackle issues in regards training, our guidelines, clarity on the way we work & getting recognised as skilled tradesmen.

An avenue has been opened with the HSE. This is the major step, we have been given the chance for regular meetings throughout the year to voice our concerns & have consultation on major changes to our Industry.
    We aim to set up consultation with government bodies to progress our goals & to get included as an Industry Body.
    The aim in 2011 is to open a dialogue with the CITB, CISRS & the NASC. Working together to make our Industry strong again.
    With the ultimate goal of being invited onto the CIJC.

Send me some info Andy, hope you dont mind management applying

Thanks
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 925 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by general manager View Post
    Send me some info Andy, hope you dont mind management applying
    i'm a manager and i'm in.
    Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse

GO THE EXTRA MILE. ITS NEVER CROWDED

Thanks

GM it is for all scaffolders to join if we can get managers on board thats even better as you can join as a company also.
    If you click on the link on the side of the page it will take you strait to the web site or click on the link under my name.
    Cheers for taking the time to look and hopefully you will join its only 10 pounds a year.

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Bettertax
    I dont do face book thing but i know other lads have up it on there but if you can put it on that would be a great help also.
    Think you could even come on boards if you want ? Do the books for scaffold companies and there lads. just a thought?????????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2