The Fully Comprehensive Guide to Scaffolding. (1 Viewer)

Have you ever come across the RESABLOK system, and if so what,s your opinion on it. thanks.

Its not got any easer

After most of my working life in scaffolding and to some extent rigging and cranes. The scaffold game is as hard as it was when I first placed a 21' on my shoulder as a helper and chained it up the independent. In that broad space of time, cement bags are now down to 25 kilos as against 50. Hand tools have got lighter and easer to use. Skill tools are in abundance. and the hod carrier is near out of fashion. Cranes and tele FL hoists lift most of the
other trades equipment up in the air.
Street work is as hard as it was in the early days. Trucks loaded and offloaded by hand. Tube, decking and fittings pulled up by Ginny or chained up.
40 mm wall thickness on the tube means its even heaver. And a reluctance by most out fits to bring on some systems module types.

The job I am on at the moment in Batam Indonesia as scaffold and equipment superintendent has some 6000 tons of tube and fittings due or on site.
60% tube and fit and the rest in quick stage. But the most I miss now in my worldly projects in places as far as China is. ( the crack ) Only the scaffs produce the fun on the jobs and in the bar. Only the scaffs will support you when you are down and out as it was in my early days with And old banger, two kids, a mortgage and a nagging wife. Getting up and getting to work and knocking out the job by 2 O'Clock was what it was all about and with the crack to go with it what could a man want.
Tez

hi people
im looking to start my own scaffolding business. i currently own a large bricklaying firm and
looking to diverse. would like help on prices, health and safety etc

Jamie

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

hi
like your post very helpful. Im looking to start up as i run a bricklaying firm and im looking to diverse. Any advice on buying the gear cost wise and prices i should be charging etc

thanks

jamie

hi people
im looking to start my own scaffolding business. i currently own a large bricklaying firm and
looking to diverse. would like help on prices, health and safety etc

Jamie

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

hi
like your post very helpful. Im looking to start up as i run a bricklaying firm and im looking to diverse. Any advice on buying the gear cost wise and prices i should be charging etc

thanks

jamie

Jamie,

You may find it more useful to start your own thread on the forum where your question will be answered. Be prepared for a few hard questions yourself though as brickies are not the flavour of the month in here.

You are in the right place though, Welcome to the forum.

very helpfull as i am due to do my part 2 on the 7th jan 2012,
i found that ther were some tips in that for me.
Thanx pal, good job

i did mean 2013, im a bit worried as i have been out of the game for a few months, should all come back to me like

i did mean 2013, im a bit worried as i have been out of the game for a few months, should all come back to me like

Have a read of my diary in my other post buddy sure it'll put your mind at rest :nuts: give you an idea of what to expect at least!

well done m8 for taking the time to write that post for us mere scaff's lol

Thanks very much everyone.
Ill update it by the end of the week. TG:20 etc.

Jason-Gibbs said:
After a few years of Labouring, you should be ready to start your Scaffolding training, as a Trainee Scaffolder, which after a few years of that, you should be confident and experienced enough to get your Basic Scaffolding card and become fully qualified.

Shame the new and younger lads in the game take no notice of this. they just want to jump straight on the tools.
one of the first things I was told and my self tell labourers now is

GOTTA LEARN TO DO THE LABOURING BEFORE THE FIXING

Appreciate the time and effort gone into that post. I'm just starting out as a Scaff, took a leap of faith (already time served joiner wanting massive change) and can't get enough info regarding scaffolding. Much appreciated and good read.

Jason This really is an excellent and most informative post! In fact the best one I have ever seen on the Forum!
You should seriously consider publishing this as it could be used on training courses.
If ever you do a revision please include the fact that the fixings and ties you describe should be pull tested to check the security of the installation.
Hydrajaws and Hilti both supply portable testers for all the various ties,anchors and fixings used in todays scaffolding industry.

I wonder whatever happened to that clueless little attention-seeker, Gibbs.

Top Bottom