payroll companies which is best (1 Viewer)

steady 29

Reaction score
evening lads iv been contracting for yrs now and have been getting paided through i-paye for about 5/6 yrs with no problems until recently when a new women started working there and she is a proper nosey cow can any1 recommend any other umbrella companies iv used the following 1s to and thought they where rubbish/ bar 2 / conner williams / and fair gate would allow us to use them as i was the 1 doing the invoices as im subbing the work off my boss can any1 help pls thanks lads

In my opinion, they're all an expensive pain in the *rse.

I used Brooksons some years ago and was not happy with them and when i finally did the proper thing and set up a Ltd ccompany by myself, Brooksons were difficult to get anything out of to clear my previous affairs with the Inland Revenue.

My advice would be to get a good accountant, set up your own company and do the simple account work yourself to save the accountants fees and let him or her do the final accounts and submission to the IR. In my experience, much cheaper and with better control.

These umbrella companies are just so impersonal and expensive, i would never use them again.

J

Never Experienced A Good One Yet, They Are All Crap.

Maddison are ok matey as far as umbrella companies go that is, I payed next to no tax for about 6 months if my top line was £750 I wud take home somewhere in the region of £630-£650 jus make sure u fill those expenses claim forms full of lies lol good luck

There's tons out there but these ones did well in our last audit:

The Guild, Red Contractors, Sterling, Zeva, FS Commercial, Nova, Paraplus, Crest, Payco Tech, Vision Office Management

Maddison are ok matey as far as umbrella companies go that is, I payed next to no tax for about 6 months if my top line was £750 I wud take home somewhere in the region of £630-£650 jus make sure u fill those expenses claim forms full of lies lol good luck
Everyone's at it and good luck to them;) ,but it only want's the dreaded Tax man to see this post.?????

Using fairgate at moment lads would I be better off self employed or the pye scheme were I claim my expenses bk cheers for any info.

Whether to be self employed/ CIS (and do your own tax stuff) or PAYE (if you can get on the books somewhere) or be with an umbrella, for them to do it for you, is a personal choice. Having said that, many employers now will insist you go through an umbrella, because they don't want to employ you directly, under PAYE or CIS.

If you go down the self employed/ CIS route, make sure you keep all your vouchers prooving what pay you've had, along with all receipts for travel/ petrol and any other expenditures. It's good to try and keep a log of sites you've worked on. HMRC are getting stricter all the time about evidence. Even with an umbrella you should be able to produce receipts to show what you spent.

Doing your own tax return means that rather than getting allowances as you go along, you make the one tax claim at the end of the year.

Top Bottom